First time posting -

Options
helpers1
helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
I'm new to the community - although I'm in my 10th week of working out with a trainer and eating healthier.

I'm 47 years old, 5' 2", and started at 250 lbs. I'm now 225. Struggling with motivation, sometimes. I read a lot of posts today where people say "add me" - what does this mean?

I'm looking forward to being more involved in the conversations - and COMPLETELY enjoying this life transformation.

Replies

• helpers1
    Options
    Hey, girl...
    Long time no see. It's been several years. But after this post, you went on to lose an additional 40 lbs over another 10 week period of careful eating and hard work in the gym! What a Rockstar. B)

I know how badly it hurt when just one month later, the hysterectomy sidelined you, and being banned from the gym for 3 months left you in the recliner self-medicating with comfort food.

And it all piled back on. And then some.

Which is where you and I have been, together, ever since. At 279 lbs.

But today, I sought you out. You were one determined chick. I'm so glad we found each other again.

We aren't 47 anymore, and even though 53 doesn't sound much older, we certainly feel every bit of it.

No bother. Today, you inspired me to eat right and head to the gym after work. It was awesome.

Let's set some goals together and make some magic. ;)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    So many of us have been there and are back here again!

I cannot count how many times. Just in the last year and a half, I have lost and regained 20 lbs 3 times, which is a brand new record of sadness for me :(

However, trying is better than giving up and I am now at the lightest I have been in a decade and going strong.

Did you write down any of your strategies for sticking to it the last time around?
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    helpers1 wrote: »
    Hey, girl...
    Long time no see. It's been several years. But after this post, you went on to lose an additional 40 lbs over another 10 week period of careful eating and hard work in the gym! What a Rockstar. B)

I know how badly it hurt when just one month later, the hysterectomy sidelined you, and being banned from the gym for 3 months left you in the recliner self-medicating with comfort food.

And it all piled back on. And then some.

Which is where you and I have been, together, ever since. At 279 lbs.

But today, I sought you out. You were one determined chick. I'm so glad we found each other again.

We aren't 47 anymore, and even though 53 doesn't sound much older, we certainly feel every bit of it.

No bother. Today, you inspired me to eat right and head to the gym after work. It was awesome.

Let's set some goals together and make some magic. ;)

This was an amazing post to read. I wish you the best on your journey!
  • helpers1
    Options
    Thank you @giancarlov1191!

I just joined my first challenge, and am feeling pretty syched . Thanks for the well wishes! :)
  • helpers1
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @concordancia I had a personal trainer and we did HIIT 3x/week, and did cardio 2x/week. I also ate 1200 calories /day, and turned in my food journal, complete with that week's thoughts, to my trainers weekly.

I'm sad my 2 favorite trainers cannot work around my job hours, but I'm committed to cardio after hours (went for the first time tonight, and it was FAB), and logging my 1200/day.

I'm so glad you shared that you overcame this struggle and are enjoying success! :)
  • phoenix1974
    phoenix1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m with you! I have had many successful months and many failed months. Glad you are here!
  • helpers1
    Options
    @phoenix1974 thanks so much! I'm feeling waaaay stoked.... Haven't felt like this in forevuhhhhh! 👊 Glad to have some company along the way
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,359 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the community - although I'm in my 10th week of working out with a trainer and eating healthier.

I'm 47 years old, 5' 2", and started at 250 lbs. I'm now 225. Struggling with motivation, sometimes. I read a lot of posts today where people say "add me" - what does this mean?

I'm looking forward to being more involved in the conversations - and COMPLETELY enjoying this life transformation.

Add me mean as a friend!
  • helpers1
    Options
    @annliz23 I must be doing something wrong.... I don't get the option to add you when I click your name?
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @annliz23 I must be doing something wrong.... I don't get the option to add you when I click your name?

If you are on the app, you have to click on their name twice. On the 2nd screen you will see an option to invite as a friend. Hope that helps.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I loved the way you posted your re-entry. If you're not a writer, you should be. ☺

I would like to send you an invitation to a mature group of women, over 40 years of age, with over 60 pounds to lose. We have become a close knit group and provide each other with daily motivation. I think you would be a valuable member. 💟
  • helpers1
    Options
    @LyndaBSS I would love to join! You are very kind.... 😁

@boldknee I'll try that! Thanks for the tip!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Sent the invite ☺