Back on my fitness journey! Would love to make new motivated friends! :)

Options
Hi there! My name is Megan and I’m trying to get back into shape and just be active again. I’ve been pretty unmotivated for the last year due to my depression but I’m trying to pull myself out of it and get back on track! I’d love to make new friends on here and get more involved in the fitness/health community :))

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Exercise can help you get your mood straight.
  • meganhessong
    meganhessong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It’s definitely hard to stay motivated though.
  • ChickenBags
    ChickenBags Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hai Megan. Welcome. I suffered from depression and anxiety for years until I started exercising. It seems to help me, prehapes it might you? :-) Hope you enjoy your journey and make some new friends on here. I’ve recently restarted my journey and finding it hard to stay motivated at the mo! But I know I can do it and so can you! X
  • hchambers90
    hchambers90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You got this!!!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻 Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. You can do it! 🌺
  • Hudsonsma
    Hudsonsma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I’m not the same boat. I have anxiety and it’s tough. Would love to motivate one another !
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hey Megan, good for you for wanting to get back at it. There's certainly enough literature out there to support the mental health benefits of exercise. I alway say for myself "it's about sanity, not vanity" although in fairness, there's always a little bit of that too.

If I can help in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask. I too suffer from Anxiety..

This is posted at the Gym I work out at. It's bank on, at least for me.

gwjuymajer8d.jpg
  • gscruiser
    gscruiser Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey
  • meganhessong
    meganhessong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks so much everyone!! You guys are great :)
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the the topic but I can offer a story. I am back on MFP (3rd time, I think) after a very extended absence. I can't say I was depressed as I was never diagnosed as such. However I was definitely living and feeling that way due to the distress of deterioriting hips. For years, I could do nothing that didn't cause some (increasing) level of pain and discomfort, nothing! I lived this way due to fear driven denial and refusal to seek treatment. I let it go on that way until late 2018 when I finally decided "enough's enough!" and made an appointment with a surgeon. 2019 came in with hip replacements in January and April. Change and improvement in movement & disposition was almost instant and after getting through my rehab and PT (which I continue today), I haven't looked back and now that I can do so much more easily and painlessly, I am in a groove to gain and maintain joint and overall health such as I haven't been for a very long time! With that has come renewed vigor to have good diet and eating habits which has brought me back to MFP. Feels good.
  • LovelyRodriguez
    LovelyRodriguez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Let's do it together!
  • karl05_
    karl05_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Same here , used this app before and it worked pretty well , so here I go again 😁
  • gscruiser
    gscruiser Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Add. Me Megan if you like
  • minasholihah
    minasholihah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan. Same here. My journey to get fit always full of ups and down. But now I’m getting back at it. You can add me if you like and we can share more or motivate each other. Cheers from Indonesia 🇮🇩
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the the topic but I can offer a story. I am back on MFP (3rd time, I think) after a very extended absence. I can't say I was depressed as I was never diagnosed as such. However I was definitely living and feeling that way due to the distress of deterioriting hips. For years, I could do nothing that didn't cause some (increasing) level of pain and discomfort, nothing! I lived this way due to fear driven denial and refusal to seek treatment. I let it go on that way until late 2018 when I finally decided "enough's enough!" and made an appointment with a surgeon. 2019 came in with hip replacements in January and April. Change and improvement in movement & disposition was almost instant and after getting through my rehab and PT (which I continue today), I haven't looked back and now that I can do so much more easily and painlessly, I am in a groove to gain and maintain joint and overall health such as I haven't been for a very long time! With that has come renewed vigor to have good diet and eating habits which has brought me back to MFP. Feels good.

Appreciate your candor sir! We're all in this together, and everyone has something to add to the team.

Happy to help everyone out in any way I can.