sports bras for the larger chest uk

Options
well i have decided i want to run i get the urge every time i take my dog for a walk and have done a couple test blasts but i have to stop after 10 mins or so because my boobs bounce and hurt my chest which is uncomfortable to say the least now given that i am a 38f you can imagine it really does ache

is there any uk bigger breasted running ladies who can make a suggestion please

Replies

• fairystyler
    fairystyler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I am a 36G and got a brand new shock absorber bra (retails about £30) from a Ebay shop, brand new, with tags for £12.

May be worth a try :)
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD and wear a Triumph Extreme, which I find great - have a look at this website for other recommendations, and good luck with the running!
    http://www.lessbounce.com/
    Lindsay
  • evilchickens1
    Options
    try www.bravissimo.co.uk there's lots of good ones on there
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You need a damn good sports bra. Found this:

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=6261

LouiseXXX
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Get a Shock Absorber "Run" bra - they will NOT move I promise!
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies will peek when i get home from work tonight :) think some of my colleagues would be a bit confused if they went to search and found links for bra sites lol lol
  • Jillyc72
    Jillyc72 Posts: 13
    Options
    Shock absorber are ok, but in my experience, the only bra I could run with before I lost weight were Enell. They batton down the 'girls' and literally stop them moving around. They are expensive, but so worth it! Read some online reviews of women in your size. You can't really listen to people who think a D cup is big!

If you are going the shock absorber route, make sure you choose the right one, they do several different versions and only the most supportive (level 4 I think) will give you any kind of support.

I was recommended Triumph tri-action, and I would NOT pass that recommendation on! My chest actually ached after I went for a run in that one they bounced so much!

Good luck with the running!

Jilly
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber 4 will hold 'em down. When i run i find it's best to also use a structured running top over that too to take care of the old encumbrances.
  • marliesw
    Options
    The Enell sports bra is the best there is. I am very large in the chest and enjoy jogging. This bra is amazing and well worth every penny.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm now a 38J (nursing) and have always been larger up top. The only sports bra that's ever really held me in is made by Champion. Here is a link I found. http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11338437&mr:trackingCode=D360ECC5-1B5B-E011-BB8E-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

I've never bought from this source, but I know you can get it off Amazon.com. I just get the DDD size and squish in there & it holds me in.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not sure if you can get Champion in UK... just saw that part of your post. I'm going to check out the other brands on here as well!
  • chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a level 4 shock absorber bra and use it to do Zumba (cant run as have dodgy knees) and When we do the odd few jumps, my boobs really do move! Im an H cup (just at the end of nursing) and whilst it is soooo much sturdier than the rest they do still move so would be hesitant to use it for running....

Try some on in the shops and do the jumping test...if they move too much you know its not right.

Good Luck, ive spent a fortune on bras lately!
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 34GG and I wear a freya sports bra from bravissimo although I wanted a shock absorber one but at the time they didn't have my size. I still find I bounce a bit so now I wear a normal underwired bra and my sports bra on top and I really notice the difference!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm a 40DD and found it next to impossible to find a good running bra. I eventually got a brilliant NIKE one in Champion Sports (i don't know if you have that in the UK but you should get it online . It's called the Pro-Victory compression bra with high support)

NO movement, no pain but it's a bit though to get back off after a hard sweaty run.
  • Nic24
    Nic24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34G and I prefer the shock absorder ones the best.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My bra size varies from an I cup to a L cup depending on the style/ Manufacturer and I highly recommend Enell - ugly as all get out but they work,

for a wide selection of larger high impact sports bras try Boobydoo.co.uk including shockabsorber, enell, triumph, etc
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i tried to get one at the start of my weight loss journey only to find NO ONE sell them size 60 dd(at the time)!

so i didnt bother and just done no jumping exersices and now at size 48dd still not too many about or if you do find one you need a loan to pay for it!! lol
    so i say bugg@r them all and don't bother so i cant do jumping jacks thats about it! all the rest i do very well inc running(a nice tight running top holds it all in),shredding,jump rope the lot(that's what god gave you arms for ) lol :glasses:
  • stansmrs
    stansmrs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im a 40 e and get all my bras inc sports bras from elomi they are amazing, holding your boobs in place, and pretty for once, the sports bra is the best ive used. they ahve a website or available at kays.com, littlewoods ect x
  • Mitchlou84
    Mitchlou84 Posts: 135
    Options
    I am a 36H and I swear by my underwired Freya sports bra, I got mine from e-bay but I know Bravissimo buy them. My recommendation is to go bigger on bust size (am in 38) as you swell so much whilst exercising !