Injured Any Good Workout Ideas

Options
I’ve recently injured my wrist doing bmx and I can’t go to the gym. I usually do exercises like bench press and deadlifts, but now I can’t really do them because of my wrist. As of now, I’ve been walking and doing Core, is there any other exercises/workouts that won’t aggrevate my wrist?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    all those lower body things like body weight squats and lunges, stuff that gets your heart rate up like jumping things (jumping jacks, etc), walking, running, planks on your elbows, dancing ( i think there's some program which is high intensity dancing stuff - Shawn something or other is his name. Xcice or something . Shawn T is what Google just told me.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    For upper body work could you use velcro wrist weights a little higher on your arms?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have bad wrists and sometimes I can’t use them so I do squats, lunges, core work, bike (if you can hold on), cross trainer, jogging, step, high knees, swimming and hill climbing
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Gearhead01 wrote: »
    I’ve recently injured my wrist doing bmx and I can’t go to the gym. I usually do exercises like bench press and deadlifts, but now I can’t really do them because of my wrist. As of now, I’ve been walking and doing Core, is there any other exercises/workouts that won’t aggrevate my wrist?

Legs, legs, legs all day every other day! you can also still workout your other arm... it won't make you imbalanced like everyone thinks if it's like 6 months ...maybe but you can bring the other arm back up so... just do it man.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Gearhead01 wrote: »

Legs, legs, legs all day every other day! you can also still workout your other arm... it won't make you imbalanced like everyone thinks if it's like 6 months ...maybe but you can bring the other arm back up so... just do it man.

Yes, I have golfer's elbow and stopped upper body for a few months. For the most part, I am back, with slightly less weights.

For exercises like bicep curls, I just use a 3 pound dumb bell in my injured arm and regular weights for my good arm. Been doing this for a few months and am not imbalanced yet ;)
  • Gearhead01
    Gearhead01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the responses!
  • SoCalBeachWifeMom
    Options
    Water aerobics. My husband used to take water aerobics class with me. Its usually a bunch of old ladies but we went pretty hard and came out sculpted lol