Annoying Coworkers

Options
So, two of my coworkers are super annoying.

One of them INSISTS on talking to me FIRST THING in the morning even though I don't even look at her when she's talking. I do other things...like log in to my computer, go through emails, get ready for the day. Half the time I don't even pay attention to what she's saying but she plops herself down on the chair in front of my desk and goes on and on and on. I'm not a very tactful person, so that's why I haven't said anything...yet. I did however, print out a little Garfield sign that says "I don't do mornings." Other than just telling her NOT to talk to me when I first get in to my office, I don't know what to do. And I really am not a morning person, give me about an hour and I'm okay, usually. :laugh:

My OTHER coworker is the jerk who INSISTS on talking to me even if I'm on the phone and have my back to my office door. Uh, hello, can't you see I'm on the phone??

WTF is it with these people!?!? And yes, it's MONDAY. :grumble:

Replies

• gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    you sound like me...lol
  • amysuespears
    Options
    I know how you feel! I am definitely not a morning person either, but I have to be in the office at 7am. I can't deal with the idle chatter of my co-workers either. I just want to sit here, drink my coffee, force myself to check my emails and phone messages, and try to wake up. By 8:30am, I'm sufficiently able to deal with all the drama of working with a bunch of women :) Good luck today!
  • Sarahburnsy
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I never reply to or post anything on here but I saw annoying co-workers and I could not resist! I hear ya! You are not alone. The fact is I AM a morning person and I just don't want to talk to anyone anyway! HAHA! If everyone would just mind their own business work would be a better place. I love my job, but it's the co-workers who ruin it! I also have one that tries to talk to me while I'm on the phone, she even asked me to hang it up one time after I dialed a number so she could tell me something. I only fell for that once! AGH! Yes, it is Monday. Hang in there, keep to yourself and it'll be Friday soon!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Cue Monty Python's "Always look on the bright side of life" ... whistle .... You'd hate me! I'm irritatingly chipper in the morning :bigsmile:
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nevermind just mornings...I am like that ALL the time. I know what you are going through. I start at 8am, and have to listen to all the cr*p about what they did the day before or over the weekend or about their kids or their husbands, etc... My feeling is we are there to do a job, so let's get to doing it. I am a consciencious worker and always give it my all. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that. I have alot to get done when I first arrive at work and am lucky if I can get to drink my coffee at all. But it is especially annoying in the morning when you first get there. I just hate all the drama. Perhaps I am anti-social. I am polite, but I don't feel a need to broadcast everything I do in life to coworkers. They are not my friends. They are just my coworkers, and I like it that way. Try to have a good day and not let them get to you. And thanks for letting ME rant. LOL
  • Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Options
    So the same annoying coworker invited herself to go with me to the post office this morning. :grumble:

I need to learn how to say "I do not like you at all nor do I want to be friendly to you" in a NICE way, because this lady drives me NUTS.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    This really made me laugh.

I'm NOT a morning person. I hate everything about mornings. Usually, I work second shift at work - so most of the time my intense dislike of mornings doesn't affect my coworkers because I'm not AT work until I've had a chance to wake up and be more myself. That being said, occasionally they'll sneak a morning shift into my routine - I've point blank told my closest co-workers "I am NOT a morning person. If I am here before noon - do NOT speak to me until noon". I work in customer service so I have to put on my happy face for the customers, but not for my co-workers. They ALL know to leave me alone until AFTER noon. ;) I wasn't rude about telling them - I just calmly told them and now they leave me be. lol.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I have 1. She just walked by and told me "it's the 2nd time you're out of your little cage, what's wrong with you??" :sad: :mad:

She's loud and I think she annoys about 99.9% of the people here. I'm in cube hell so when she says something everybody can hear. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr STFU!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    So the same annoying coworker invited herself to go with me to the post office this morning. :grumble:

I need to learn how to say "I do not like you at all nor do I want to be friendly to you" in a NICE way, because this lady drives me NUTS.

Have you tried ignoring her? Or is she one of those people who doesn't get it even if you completely and totally ignore her ALL the time?!
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We have a "one-upper" here. Ughhhhh.
  • Dylanzmom
    Dylanzmom Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm so glad i have a office where i can just close my door if i want to be alone.. with that being said, i usually am not a morning person however i actually enjoy the women i work with.. but on occasions my door is closed so thats a hint to leave me alone!!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I guess I am lucky, I enjoy talking to me coworkers. We work in a hospital, so sometimes it's nice to get away from patient care issues. :wink:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Everyone here starts at 8 am, except me! I asked the boss if I could work 7-4 and he OK'd it. So, I get a blissful hour of solitude each morning before my co-workers come in and leave while they still have an hour to go AND arrive at the gym by 4:30 before all the cardio machines are taken! :laugh:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'm a happy/great mood morning person myself but I keep all my awesomeness to myself. I know that the hormonal angry little troll from work can't handle it and quite frankly I can't stand their effing nasty morning rage either so I just keep to myself and plug in to my music.

................ and the world is a happier place to be in......................... Until she opens her mouth to say something............... :grumble:
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options

One of them INSISTS on talking to me FIRST THING in the morning even though I don't even look at her when she's talking. I do other things...like log in to my computer, go through emails, get ready for the day. Half the time I don't even pay attention to what she's saying but she plops herself down on the chair in front of my desk and goes on and on and on. I'm not a very tactful person, so that's why I haven't said anything...yet. I did however, print out a little Garfield sign that says "I don't do mornings." Other than just telling her NOT to talk to me when I first get in to my office, I don't know what to do. And I really am not a morning person, give me about an hour and I'm okay, usually. :laugh:

My OTHER coworker is the jerk who INSISTS on talking to me even if I'm on the phone and have my back to my office door. Uh, hello, can't you see I'm on the phone??

Wow, do we work in the same office?? Lol. I am soooo NOT a morning person either, but it never fails that when I get to my desk - before the computer turns on or I get a cup of coffee - I'm having to listen to this lady sitting directly in front of me at my desk talk to me about mundane personal stuff or work gossip... ggrrr!! It also doesn't help that I cannot stand her raspy voice, and first thing in the morning it drives me crazy!!
    I think every office has a 'jerk' in some form... we certainly do and he simply doesn't care if your on the phone or even with a customer at your desk, he will interrupt you in a heartbeat... can't stand it!!!

Here's to wishing everyone a Happy Monday... if that's even possible :tongue:
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options

are you German?

Just sayin'. I worked with a German accountant who could have probably written your post. I was the cheerful early bird who wouldn't get the picture that she wanted some solitude with her numbers.

She didn't drink coffee, though, I think that may have been her problem.

Maybe you need some espresso and then YOU could be the annoyer instead of the annoyed. ;)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have wanderers,they are never at their place to answer the phone when it rings and one that has to ask me a question on just about everything he does.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    :frown: I wish I had annoying coworkers. I am here all day by myself the majority of the time.
  • Veronica1332
    Options
    LOL I need that sign "I dont do mornings"
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I used to have a co-worker like that! DROVE ME NUTS.

I think a kind way to handle it would be like "I had a terrible morning today. I don't want to talk about it. I just need a few minutes to decompress and get into my work mind set. Nothing personal (although it is)". Then do the same thing the next day!