I fell off track...help!

Options
Hi all, I seem tp have taken a mini vacation from my health care plan and am having a hard time getting restarted. I figure I am not the only one. It has been less than a week and I am going to journal and workout again today, but what keeps everyone so motivated?

Replies

• stephaniek
    Options
    Hi all, I seem tp have taken a mini vacation from my health care plan and am having a hard time getting restarted. I figure I am not the only one. It has been less than a week and I am going to journal and workout again today, but what keeps everyone so motivated?
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Failure is not an option! :happy:

No, really, that's how I do it. I don't give myself the mental option of doing anything else... and I think about all the things I want to be able to do and how much better that feels than eating crap.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph,

It happens to all of us. I think you just have to realize you are human and will make mistakes and to just get back on track. I read somewhere that one of the common traits of naturally thin/fit people is that if they have a not so healthy day, they don't give up or get depressed and feel awful for it..but they instead just get right back on track the next day.

My motivation is my health and family. I found myself not wanting to go to the beach or get family pictures last year because I was embarrassed. Also, I want to be around, not only for my 15 month old son but for HIS children one day. Food is just not as important as being healthy, active, and having fun with my family is. I have lost 61 lbs since early September. ( I started this at 270! Talk about daunting!)Also, try to look at food differently. I now view it as something to fuel my body not something to comfort me on a bad day or binge on. You know what I mean?

You will be fine! Just get back in the saddle!! You are worth it!

Tami
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    TRUST me It happens.....and the people on this board will help you get back on track...trust me on that one as well.....goodluck and keep on truckin':happy:

dd
  • rpowersrph
    Options
    I think of were I came from and if I go back to my old ways I will gain all my weight back. I play the tape all the way to the end and if I take the old path it leads to bad things if I do the right path it leads to good health and feeling better. We can be our own worst enemy and be hardest on ourselves when we fall learn from your mistake and get back up and do the next right thing its ok to fall we are humans but what is insane is when we keep doing the same mistakes and expect different results. Hang in there you know what to do and we are here with you going thru the same things

God Bless
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hey. No Worries. Happened to me too. I got the flu and then it was my birthday. So a) I was barely eating and then b) I was only eating one meal a day and it wasn't the best.

But who cares. Past is past Think about today.

No time like the present. Just resume from where you left off and get back on track.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. At first it is hard to change your lifestyle, but just stay determined and focused. I always failed in the past and gave up too soon. This time, I have been on this site for 6 weeks and have lost 13 pounds. I weigh in tomorrow so hopefully there will be another 2 lb loss!

Also, be honest in your food log, even if you were bad and had a huge piece of cake. This way you can analyze it so next time you are face with tempation, you will have the courage to walk away.
  • bluestime
    Options
    Weighing everyday and then looking at the graph! Try it!
  • stephaniek
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Exactly what I needed...I'm back on track today thanks to you (and me, of course!)
    :drinker:
  • stephaniek
    Options
    Hi Steph,

It happens to all of us. I think you just have to realize you are human and will make mistakes and to just get back on track. I read somewhere that one of the common traits of naturally thin/fit people is that if they have a not so healthy day, they don't give up or get depressed and feel awful for it..but they instead just get right back on track the next day.

My motivation is my health and family. I found myself not wanting to go to the beach or get family pictures last year because I was embarrassed. Also, I want to be around, not only for my 15 month old son but for HIS children one day. Food is just not as important as being healthy, active, and having fun with my family is. I have lost 61 lbs since early September. ( I started this at 270! Talk about daunting!)Also, try to look at food differently. I now view it as something to fuel my body not something to comfort me on a bad day or binge on. You know what I mean?

You will be fine! Just get back in the saddle!! You are worth it!

Tami

Thanks Tami! You are right....I just need to get back on track . I too don't want family pics or to go to a beach...I totally get that. Congrats to you on level 17 (I don't even know if my elliptical has 17 levels - I'm on level 3 :ohwell: ). Thanks for your support and input.
    stephanie
  • stephaniek
    Options
    Failure is not an option! :happy:

No, really, that's how I do it. I don't give myself the mental option of doing anything else... and I think about all the things I want to be able to do and how much better that feels than eating crap.

"Failure is not an option" is my new motto. It is now written in big indelible pen in front of my elliptical trainer and in red lipstick on my bathroom mirror! Thank you --- very smart
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :grumble: I fell off too-getting to this topic a day late as well.I had a lot of company for the last 2 weeks.Had just broken 10lbs and feeling pretty good about it and then sort of lost my mind I guess. Being Italian, the lots of company still meant lots of food-we had 3 big gatherings at the house,house guests. Next thing I know, I was totally off the wagon. But-and this is huge,I got under 200 and I know I can do it now. Just need to be VERRRY consistent and will have great results and forgive myself when I fall. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was this body (I am the queen of cliches!).