Goal of -50lbs in Houston

Options
Good morning everyone. After years of battling the buldge, I am ready to drop these extra fifty pounds I have been carrying. I have done my fair share of yo-yo dieting over the last ten years. Although I have had moments of success, I seem to always put the weight back on (plus a few extra pounds). I am really tired of being the pretty, but "thick" girl. I want the energy and confidence back that I once had. I'd like to also avoid the slew of obesity health issues that have plagued others in my family.

I am 32 years old, female, single mom, currently 182 pounds and my goal weight is 130 with a goal date of 02/14/2012. I have a few staggered goals along the way. I'm hoping to meet someone with my similar situation to help keep me on track and in which to provide mutual motivation.

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! From a single mom 10 years older than you, I say congrats for trying to get control of it now. This site is really awesome and what makes it great is all the support from friends and information that you will find. Take it one choice at a time and you will do great! Good luck to you!
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    I've lost 96 pounds so far. And I started in June 2010. The weight came off easily at first but as I near by goal weight, it's gone from 2 pounds a week to 1 or .5. Just remember that as you lose more, it will go slower. So don't be discouraged if it takes you longer than 5 months to drop the 50. Just stick with it.
  • dam529
    dam529 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Wow, I can't believe I actually posted my true weight!
  • kris3800
    kris3800 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello - I can relate to you, I am also a single mom about the same weight with 50lbs to lose. I am 20 years older than you though. I am in San Antonio Texas and have decided it is time to do this thing...lose this weight. I am tired of being pretty, but could stand to lose a few pounds. I want to be "just pretty" for once. I hope you add me as your friend, I think we could help each other lose this weight once and for all.

Good Luck to you!
    thanks,
    Kris