Just left WW

Options
Silver1850mfp
Silver1850mfp Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I just cancelled my membership with WW after 2 years. I started 7/1/17 and lost 31# hitting goal weight 12/1/17. This was when WW had the Smart points plus plan. Then Freestyle rolled out and that slowly eroded my successful weight loss away. 2018 was me on a weight gain/loss seesaw and as of Jan 19 I started gaining weight and have not been able to lose anything unless I double track on MFP. All those “free” healthy foods you don’t have to stress the portions and tracking just add too many calories. One thing I will miss is the community WW offered. So looking for friends so we can support each other.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Note: buy a food scale

Many WW members are now on MFP. As long as you know that there is no such thing as free foods, you're good.

Good luck with your journey!
  • liltiger13
    liltiger13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I canceled my subscription after one day.
    I went to a meeting, thinking it was nice to have physical support... yeah they gave me a chocolate bar at the end of the meeting... I get that it’s suppose to be “healthier” but at the same time... why not have bananas/apples or something? 🙄 I feel like giving people who are struggling with weight generally have an issue with eating habits and handing out chocolate at the meeting was honestly more triggering than anything.

However I did like the app. Anyways, I’m just starting back up here and I’m incorporating IF. Also looking for friends so feel free to add me if you’d like.
  • Silver1850mfp
    Silver1850mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah WW is a massive profit making company. Their chocolate snack bars ARE yummy and lower cal versions of actual candy bars. If ya gotta have that chocolate then the WW bars are better than what you buy in a store.