Plateau possibly from wrong macros?

Options
Hi, I’m new to the forum here. I’ve read some research on Macros and used a former nutritionist friend’s advice. I stopped seeing results last month after a significant decrease (24lbs) from the months prior. I read an article on here that suggested I may have miscalculated my former macros. Anyone else have this issue that figured it out and what was the end result?

Replies

• BradleyAkins
    BradleyAkins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I saw a dietician shortly after I posted this. My macros were wrong. I wasn’t eating enough carbs. So I changed to 50% 30% 20% (carbs, protein, fats respectively) and that change has helped show some improvement. I am eating around 2200-2600 Calories per day depending on my exercise.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    During my last weight loss effort some years ago I ended up on a 10 month "plateau" and finally gave up, re - gaining most of the weight. (I should have seen a dietitian for clarification but I was "much to clever"...) Now I am trying again with MFP: I have learned a lot: over time I make small macros adjustments but most importantly I have to adjust my calorie intake because my body burns less with a lower weight. I am now getting close to the weight loss I achieved last time (45 kg, 100 pounds) and I am looking forward to this challenge - avoiding another lengthy "plateau".