Keto beginner

Options
Hi my Name is Eve and I’m looking for support and guidance to learn Keto and to lose at least 50 pounds

Replies

• jjaylynn
    jjaylynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been eating ketogenically for 9 months now, lost 22 lbs. There are some really good groups on facebook if you're looking for support.
  • jaoviedo1970
    jaoviedo1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’ve been away from my fitness pal for awhile and just getting back to it would like to try Keto to help with my weight loss goals. I lost almost 40 lbs at one time and regained about 30 back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If trying keto, I recommend the groups The Low Carber Daily Forum group and The Keto group.

I also suggest not buying anything expensive marketed towards "keto." It's not needed.

Good luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Regarding keto, research, research, research prior to beginning.

Note: buy a food scale, no matter which way of eating you choose.

Good luck with your journey!
  • naomianne69
    naomianne69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Eve, I'm new to the Keto Diet too. I haven't lost more than a pound in the past 2 weeks, but hopeful that I'm doing the right thing. Facebook has quite a few groups for the Keto. Also lots on Youtube. I want to lose 10 lbs as a starting weight loss goal. :)
  • naomianne69
    naomianne69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    By the way, my name is Naomi. I want to say hello to this forum, and hope to help out others.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    @naomianne69 and @evemena09 @jaoviedo1970

Most eating Keto stick to groups on here and don't spend too much time scrolling through general forums if your looking for people to chat with. Both groups have active discussions, recipes and tips.

The low Carber Daily Forum group has a thread called "what does your low carb meal look like?" It's 76 pages of foods with pictures and recipes.

Good luck to you all!