Options
13»

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    dodea48 wrote: »
    Maybe I’m from the old days of MFP, I’ve been using this site since 2010 or so, or maybe I’m just conceited and like to add a ton of pics. Either way, I’m noticing that most people only have 1 pic on their profile. Am I missing something? So far since returning to MFP, truly EVERY single profile I’ve seen has only one pic. It’s not just about the pics though, so many have NOTHING in their profile. Nothing about themselves or their goals. Just a lot of empty profiles and those make me think you’re not committed or won’t be supportive. :( Am I the only one seeing this? Just wanted to rant about it, rant over.

Judging others and self righteousness burn few calories

wait.

just how few?

I'm interested in burning all that I can.

Self Righteous seems like a small price to pay for some gains.

Less than cleaning your house but more than driving a car.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Lastrodeo wrote: »
    Maybe I’m from the old days of MFP, I’ve been using this site since 2010 or so, or maybe I’m just conceited and like to add a ton of pics. Either way, I’m noticing that most people only have 1 pic on their profile. Am I missing something? So far since returning to MFP, truly EVERY single profile I’ve seen has only one pic. It’s not just about the pics though, so many have NOTHING in their profile. Nothing about themselves or their goals. Just a lot of empty profiles and those make me think you’re not committed or won’t be supportive. :( Am I the only one seeing this? Just wanted to rant about it, rant over.

I use this site to keep myself on track with food. Not so strangers can creep through pictures of me. It's not conceited of you to have pics, it IS conceited of you to assume someone isn't committed because they aren't here to make friends or show themselves off. This isn't Tinder.

Exactly so!

Feel free to PM me your Tinder link...
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,000 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Narcissism is evil. I have a success story up and two pics, but I don't show my face...don't care to be known on here ...in fact, I accepted friend requests before, and not doing that anymore either.Too much drama in people's lives cluttering my homepage.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I haven't really noticed...but then again, it's not really something I care about. The number of pics someone has in their profile is pretty meaningless to me.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When I see someone who hasn't bothered to upload a pic, then I just assume they are temporary here.

If they really invested in their health & fitness journey, they would put something on their page, even if it's not a photo of themselves. Personalizing your profile, including some kind of pic, is part of investing yourself in your journey.

I see that as investing in their profile. This website is about supporting the weight loss process. I don't need a profile photo for that.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    When I see someone who hasn't bothered to upload a pic, then I just assume they are temporary here.

If they really invested in their health & fitness journey, they would put something on their page, even if it's not a photo of themselves. Personalizing your profile, including some kind of pic, is part of investing yourself in your journey.

nah

Meh