Failed Test Balloon Launches

Options
MIltonBradley1
MIltonBradley1 Posts: 688 Member
So you need to let out a toot and you think you can control it, letting it out slowly so that no one will notice or hoping it will be silent and not deadly.

So you decided to send up a test balloon first and as you do the whole chamber of gas escapes into one loud clap of thunder and all eyes are on you.

This every happen to you?

Share your story.

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    So you need to let out a toot and you think you can control it, letting it out slowly so that no one will notice or hoping it will be silent and not deadly.

So you decided to send up a test balloon first and as you do the whole chamber of gas escapes into one loud clap of thunder and all eyes are on you.

This every happen to you?

Share your story.

Not exactly but

16 years old. Play wrestling with my boyfriend. I lifted him off the ground and oops. We were both terribly embarrassed.

That’s when I instituted the 3rd date fart rule. If I can’t pass gas in front of him by the third date it’s never going to work.
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. In a crowded elevator, filled with co-workers. So glad I don't work there anymore...and they are probably too:)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I put this a s a status a few months ago:

My stomach is off today. I was walking to the bathroom and came upon a section of hallway that seemed deserted. I hit the pressure release valve. About 1 second later my boss calls me from behind to ask me a question. I reluctantly stop hoping that the odor will dissipate. As she's talking her eyes give her away. It is as though someone put a skunks *kitten* in her face.

I love my boss, she's great. I don't think I can recover from this. I shall update my resume.

I still work at the same place, all good.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am happy that earbuds are pretty much universal when running.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »
    I am happy that earbuds are pretty much universal when running.

Or minimally that the noise of the treadmills is loud enough to mask it.
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Working on some path lights, on my back, on the sidewalk. Elderly female homeowner standing beside me. All finished, I heave myself up and it happens. Reverberation off the cement.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Stepped into an empty elevator at work. As the doors began to close, I distinctly smell the overwhelming gaseous odor left behind from a previous rider. I desperately try to open the doors, but to no avail. On the slow ride to the next floor I began to sweat as I realized people would think it was me who caused said gaseous odor. Doors open, and with no one in sight, I swiftly vacated the area before being seen. As I disappeared around the corner I heard someone entering, exclaiming, 'whew'! After that, I took the stairs.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    My husband used to do this all the time. The worst was when he'd be sitting on the wood steps. I thought the house was going to fall down around us. The opposite of silent and about as deadly as they come. 😬

• floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm just sorry he didn't feel like he could say it back.

I think about you all the time, Leonard.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    I'm just sorry he didn't feel like he could say it back.

I think about you all the time, Leonard.

I’m sure he thinks about you too 😂

• terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    I was strolling up and down the aisles at the dollar store, and as I turned into the second last aisle, I caught a guy lifting his leg as he let one rip. We locked eyes and stood there awkwardly for a moment. Then I moved to the next aisle. 😂
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    My husband used to do this all the time. The worst was when he'd be sitting on the wood steps. I thought the house was going to fall down around us. The opposite of silent and about as deadly as they come. 😬

@LyndaBSS Lynda, I have ready many of your posts, and your love for your husband really shows. Sorry for your loss, but I am happy you are able to look back at good, and even funny, memories.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @pjshawley

Thank you for your kindness. 💟
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story?

I have dogs, and I am able to go check on them on my lunch break. When I leave to go back to work, I always holler over my shoulder to them I LOVE YOU! as I'm opening the door...

And that's the day I farted in front of a stranger and inadvertently told him I love him.

That's how most relationships should start.

I agree, but every time something like this happens and I try to get something more going, my boyfriend shuts it down.