Newby

Options
Hi I'm new to MFP and really hoping this is a safe place to get support and inspiration - and offer it too! I have 140 pounds to lose (still finding it difficult to admit that). My plan at the moment is to take it one healthy meal at a time otherwise I start to feel overwhelmed at the thought of having such a long way to go.

Replies

• LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    GillyBenge wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to MFP and really hoping this is a safe place to get support and inspiration - and offer it too! I have 140 pounds to lose (still finding it difficult to admit that). My plan at the moment is to take it one healthy meal at a time otherwise I start to feel overwhelmed at the thought of having such a long way to go.

Good plan. I am in the midst of a 160 lb journey and that is what i do, focus on shorter term goals. Welcome and good luck!
  • QuietInkedOne
    QuietInkedOne Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been off and on Myfitnesspal for years and think it is a fantastic place to get support! Everyone has always been encouraging and polite. I think your plan of one meal at a time is a great starting place, pretty soon it will be one day at a time and before you know it you will be meal planning! :)
  • DiamondPlatter
    DiamondPlatter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gilly,

Proud of you for realizing a goal and making an attempt to better yourself. The feeling of being overwhelmed will fluctuate, just as the feeling of motivation also fluctuates. Some days you’ll feel like you’ll eat and log the perfect number of macros and some days you go over 2000. Just remember, it’s important to take each day, one day at a time. Whilst you’re focusing on the end goal - the journey may seem exaggeratingly arduous and long, but try and take it a step at a time. Remember to incorporate foods that you already enjoy so you don’t find yourself sneaking it at a different time. Caloric deficit is the name of the game.
    But just know that if you need any support/motivation/accountability I’ll be here, along with the rest of the community.
    Hope to hear about your progress!
    👌🏼😊
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. You can do it! 🌺