I think I can see a difference - 3.5 weeks and 10lb lost

2»

Replies

• LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    kelleenab wrote: »
    i lost a baby girl at 18 weeks in july and I like you ate my feelings. sorry for your lost. on a brighter note you look amazing.

Thank you so much, Kelleenab. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. In the circumstances, I think it's understandable that we turned to food. Your loss is so very recent, please give yourself time to grieve, and if that involves eating for now, then so be it. For me, it got a bit easier past the 2 month mark, when something clicked. I decided that if my body wasn't taking care of my baby, I would do something I couldn't have done while pregnant and nursing - take care of it and get toned into the bargain :) This new focus, and MFP, have been a massive help in helping me move on, but I was a bit of a mess for a while. Big hugs, my heart hurts for you. Thank you for posting.
  • LeiLaura
    Kristi26 wrote: »
    Wow, yes, there is a total difference! As others have said, it looks like more than ten pounds! Congratulations on all your hard work!!

Thank you so much, I appreciate the support! I'm at 11lb now, hoping for another pound off on Saturday :) Soooo close to that first stone! It's funny what a difference such a relatively small amount has made, yes - my clothes are falling off me now! I can finally put away my maternity clothes and get something new just for me. It's the little things that keep us going, isn't it? :)
  • Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    What are you doing for diet and exercise?
  • rajikaurbajna
    rajikaurbajna Posts: 21 Member
    Wow, good job. How could you loose 10lbs in one month? Any tips you would like to share ?
  • LeiLaura
    What are you doing for diet and exercise?

I've built up my swimming from 2x/week to 5x. I started with 20 lengths, and now I'm doing 40 (1km) with ease and have shaved 5 mins off the time it takes me. I've also done 15 mins of pilates (dvd) about 3x/wk. They've definitely made me stronger, and this morning, for the first time, I noticed muscle definition in my thighs. I don't think I've EVER had muscle definition in my thighs!

For food, I'm cooking dinners from the Pinch of Nom low-calorie cook book, and lunches are leftovers if I'm working, or peanut butter and banana on toast if I'm at home. Breakfast is sometimes muesli or porridge with Greek yoghurt and blueberries/banana, sometimes a Granola bar. Snacks are blueberries, a Granola bar, a raw Cashew Crush bar (Aldi - they're yum!), more Greek yoghurt with (less) muesli (though I'm getting bored of that), or a banana wrapped in a sweet potato wrap (weird, but tasty!). My secret weapon is Walls Mini Milks - a sweet treat for about 45 calories :) Apart from bananas and blueberries, I'm not really a fruit fan, and I can't stand salad, so I'm packing my dinners with lots of veg.
  • LeiLaura
    Wow, good job. How could you loose 10lbs in one month? Any tips you would like to share ?

I think it was water weight at first, probably more extreme than most because I lost the baby and my body had to recover from being pregnant. Also, I was comfort eating in the extreme after the birth (like a bottle of wine and a jar of Nutella a night), so it wasn't hard to create a massive calorie reduction from there, just by cutting that out! Otherwise, sheer determination not to go over my calorie goal. I'll be honest, my appetite has done a 180 in the last few weeks, and now I'm struggling some days to eat enough. I'm on it, though. Adding back in the fat to the low fat products like yoghurt. I want to lose at a good pace, but I do NOT want to cause myself harm. My mentality tends to be all or nothing, though, so it's pretty hard finding the right balance...
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    LeiLaura wrote: »
    Pic 1 is 1st August, pic 2 is 24th August. I'm 5'7 and started at 12st 10lb. Yesterday, I hit 12st, to my complete shock (lost 3lb since Tues, despite eating most of my calories). I feel better, more like I used to, but I've still 2 stone to go to reach goal weight (10 stone). My lightest ever adult weight was 10 stone 3lb, and it only lasted a month or two. My previous highest weight was 11st 10lb, but I lost a baby at 17 weeks pregnant in May and hit the bottle and the fridge big time for a couple months :( Time to let it all go, healthily of course. I love MFP for all the information and support it (and you guys on these forums) has given me. Truly grateful to be back on track.

g4ahbaq3vspe.jpg

1xc2vrvyjhcx.jpg

Holy moly what a difference.Way to go! I am same heightand just about same weight...you inspire me!!!
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura wrote: »
    Pic 1 is 1st August, pic 2 is 24th August. I'm 5'7 and started at 12st 10lb. Yesterday, I hit 12st, to my complete shock (lost 3lb since Tues, despite eating most of my calories). I feel better, more like I used to, but I've still 2 stone to go to reach goal weight (10 stone). My lightest ever adult weight was 10 stone 3lb, and it only lasted a month or two. My previous highest weight was 11st 10lb, but I lost a baby at 17 weeks pregnant in May and hit the bottle and the fridge big time for a couple months :( Time to let it all go, healthily of course. I love MFP for all the information and support it (and you guys on these forums) has given me. Truly grateful to be back on track.

g4ahbaq3vspe.jpg

1xc2vrvyjhcx.jpg

Holy moly what a difference.Way to go! I am same heightand just about same weight...you inspire me!!!

Thank you! Good luck with your journey!
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Wow that is a big change in a month. Keep up the good work!
  • LeiLaura
    Ademann1 wrote: »
    Wow that is a big change in a month. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!