Teachers

Options
It's that time. Back to school and looking for some teacher buddies who know first hand the struggles. Can't drink too much water, I teach from 9 am to 1:30 without a conference.

Replies

• 50sforme
    50sforme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m a pre-school teacher. I start back next week and I’m strategizing how I can make sure I always have my own snacks available so I’m not tempted to eat goldfish with the kids. Or at staff meetings. Or take a cup to go at the end of the day. I’m pretty much powerless against goldfish 😳
  • lnov530
    lnov530 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finished my first week with students. Been back about three weeks now for meetings and moving in to a new classroom. Stashed a 12 pack of LaCroix in the lounge fridge and was very greatful it was there. Managed to avoid birthday treats and donuts so far. Have a great year teacher friends.
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's weird. When I'm off school, I often don't need breakfast beyond a cup of tea or two, I can go to 11 or 12 without a single stomach growl. Get me back into school, and I'm STARVING by 10am, and HAVE to eat a snack at breaktime (10.30) even if I had a decent breakfast and know I can eat lunch in 90 minutes. I think it's psychological, you know the breaks are coming up, and that you CAN'T eat inbetween, and so feel more compelled to eat when you can. It's annoying, though, I always eat more on work days and have to rein in my calories in the evening on the days I feel I've earned them most! It could be that I'm burning more energy on the job (I work with 4-6 year olds mainly), but I doubt it. I can swim on my day off and still not feel particularly hungry. Grrr. No thing's easy, is it?! Good luck to everyone working their diets around imposed schedules, teachers or not.