Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training

Options
Hi!
I am a 30 Day Shredder. I went to my local library yesterday and picked up a copy of Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training DVD. I like it SO much better than the 30 day shred! It keeps you moving, and Jackie actually does all the exercising with you! Shes very encouraging.
Have you tried the 30 day shred or Jackies video?

Replies

• AMKL2007
    Options
    Hi!

I'm encouraged that you are using scripture!

God bless you.

Ann Marie
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I love most of Jackie's workouts. I like Jillian too, but Jackie's Extreme Timesaver workout is exactly 30 minutes, burns just as many calories as the Shred, and has no jumping! Which is fantastic for my knees and back. I use her stuff on my strength training days.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I had been doing 30DS for the 1st time but had to quit because we moved and that took a whole week of craziness. How is it better than 30DS? Because 30DS to me is kinda hard to keep up with at times.I just wondered in what ways you like this dvd better. Thanks! Good luck. :smile:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred should be coming from Netflix TODAY and I'm excited for it! Thanks to you I have Jackie on my list now, looks like it is not available yet but will be soon. Thanks!
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just got one I ordered from Amazon, but haven't opened it yet. Thanks for the info, maybe that will motivate me to try it out. I have 30 day shred and it is OK, but not something I look forward to. I have been jogging outside in the a.m. and so use 30 day Shred if raining or something.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I love most of Jackie's workouts. I like Jillian too, but Jackie's Extreme Timesaver workout is exactly 30 minutes, burns just as many calories as the Shred, and has no jumping! Which is fantastic for my knees and back. I use her stuff on my strength training days.

this is good to know because I live in an old apartment building! and hate the jumping parts.
  • koutroulakis
    Options
    In the Jackie Warner DVD that I have it seems to only focus on strength training in the circuit. My heart rate is down half way through. I like Circuit trainning that includes the cardio so that my heart rate stays elevated and I can count it towards cardio time. I've just ordered 30DS so hopefully it is good. Jackie's videos are good still, hard in fact.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I had been doing 30DS for the 1st time but had to quit because we moved and that took a whole week of craziness. How is it better than 30DS? Because 30DS to me is kinda hard to keep up with at times.I just wondered in what ways you like this dvd better. Thanks! Good luck. :smile:

I specifically like it better because it doesn't have jumping or jumping lunges in it. Those kill my knees. I used my HRM and both DVDs burn the same amount of calories. But Jackie's Extreme Timesaver DVD is strictly strength training compound moves that elevate your heartrate. I get completely drenched in sweat, and feel like I am exerting more during her workout. I prefer just the strength training because I switch between cardio days (my elliptical or walking/jogging) and strength days. So for me, I usually prefer her workout. One on One Training with Jackie is broken into 15 minute circuits for each body part (upper, lower, abs) with cardio bursts. I also like this one, because the cardio feels lower impact to me. I combine two body parts to get a great workout. Her power circuit training video is the lowest burn of all three and not comparable to the burn during 30ds, but I will do all three circuits if I do that one. It was my first video by her, but I found I prefer the other two, One on One training and Extreme Timesaver.
  • PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Great information, thanks for sharing. I'm getting ready to start the 30DS and now am thinking about Jackie's too... I just love her anyway!
  • 1186betty
    1186betty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, does anyone one know how many calories are actually burned on
    Jackie Warner w/o videos I do workout to her videos and sweat, but I have no idea
    how much I actually burn. Anyone, S.O.S. :)