hello all

Options
hi everyone. i'm in desparate need of losing alot of weight. i'm 28 years old. married to my best friend. we have one son who is 4 1/2 and they are my whole life.
i've always struggled with my weight. i gained 120 pounds when i was pg with my son in 2004 but i got all but about 30 pounds of that off until last summer. i've had some health issues since last june that have really added to my weight problem. i had some sinus issues and was on prednisone more on then off since june and i have had all sorts of side effects with it. including a 60 + weight gain. i'm getting more and more concerned with my health. my knees hurt and my ankles feel like they are going to snap. i'm sick of looking this way and feeling so disgusted with myself. so i have a lot of work to do and i would so welcome all suggestions and support i can get. looking forward to getting to know everyone

Replies

• mrsmilkman
    Options
    hi everyone. i'm in desparate need of losing alot of weight. i'm 28 years old. married to my best friend. we have one son who is 4 1/2 and they are my whole life.
    i've always struggled with my weight. i gained 120 pounds when i was pg with my son in 2004 but i got all but about 30 pounds of that off until last summer. i've had some health issues since last june that have really added to my weight problem. i had some sinus issues and was on prednisone more on then off since june and i have had all sorts of side effects with it. including a 60 + weight gain. i'm getting more and more concerned with my health. my knees hurt and my ankles feel like they are going to snap. i'm sick of looking this way and feeling so disgusted with myself. so i have a lot of work to do and i would so welcome all suggestions and support i can get. looking forward to getting to know everyone
  • Binkylove
    Options
    Hi ya ,
    I also have a lot to lose.....about 70 pounds! My knees and ankles are exactly the same as yours! Thats why i want to lose weight and keep it off. I started last week and so far things have been great even lost 3 pounds in my first weigh in! So it is well worth it!

Good luck in your weight loss journey!

Pamela XXX

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • zimansmooch
    Options
    First of all, it is my sincere hope that you meet your goals in life...in all aspects of it.

I guess the first thing I would suggest is have your doctor check..EVERYTHING...I was just diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism which is not easily detected in a standard thyroid exam. I am 44 years old and have been examined for all of YOUR life time and then some. It is the first time a doctor pinpointed a cause of my flashes of weight gain.

Second, as a woman, make peace with your thighs! Embrace what you have and work with it not against it. I don't mean stay unhappy and unhealthy but...we all don't get to keep our high school figure! Stay positive! And, for every excuse (which I have tried them all!) have an answer. Don't get defeated by your circumstance.

I have found that it truly is a change of lifestyle and acknowledging that with age your body will respond differently. What worked for me at age 25 did not work for me at 38 or now at 44.

Lastly, BE PATIENT with yourself. Stay active with your family that you are blessed with. Maintain a level of peace and joy in your daily life. This will also help you achieve your goal.

Good luck and God Bless!
  • mrsmilkman
    Options
    thank you so much for that :smile:
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    hello. I'm fairly new here too. Still trying to work out all the kinks. Good luck in your venture to lose weight. We can do it!!:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.