New Here, Looking for Support / Friends

Options
Hi everyone!

I’m new here, I’m turning 43 tomorrow and I’m currently at my highest weight ever. I am 5’0” and 189.6 lbs. I suffer from a few health conditions (most of which I’m fairly certain would go away if I lost the extra weight). This weight has caused day to day issues as well. Things like climbing stairs and bending over to tie my shoes have become next to impossible. Speaking of shoes, I love shoes but I can’t wear cute shoes like I used to because of the swelling in my ankles (doctors have put me through a battery of tests for this and all have confirmed that it will probably subside with weight loss). Clothes shopping leads to nothing but upset when it used to be fun because nothing fits. I’m so sick of being overweight and having things in my life be limited because of my weight. Worse than just needing to change my lifestyle, I know that I suffer from food addiction. I eat mindlessly, out of boredom, out of stress, out of emotion, or sometimes for no reason at all, even if I’m not hungry. It’s a rough problem to deal with, but I know I need to because during my last visit my doctor said to me very matter of factly “you need to lose this weight, it’s affecting your health now”. I’m just hoping to find some inspiration and support here.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Jacki2019
    Jacki2019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • sadwinvin
    sadwinvin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I just joined now. I’m Winona! I also really struggle with binge eating and eating out of boredom. I am really desperate to lose weight but I want to do it with a good mindset. I hope we can encourage each other to keep going. I’ve recently been turning to some very unhealthy methods of losing weight. But I learned that they’re not as effective as Just watching what I’m eating. Anyways if you’re interested in keeping each other going let me know.
    -Winnie 💖
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! 🎂 & Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. You can do it! 🌺
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Fellow food addict here, did very well in the past two years of my journey by learning how to work within my addiction. Check out my profile and see if you would be interested in being my friend. :-)