Weight loss & surgery

Options
Hi everyone I am currently on a mission to lose 25 lbs for a mommy makeover surgery. Need to get to a healthier weight. So far this week I’ve lost 5 lbs by reducing calories, drinking tons of water and committing to one hour of exercise a day. I invested in a treadmill for the days I can’t make it to the gym. Anyone have trying to reach a specific weight in a certain time frame for a special reason? I gave myself two months.

Replies

• aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. You can do it! 🌺
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I don't believe it's wise to set such an ambitious deadline. Set a course for the rest of your life or that makeover will be for nothing.

Buy a food scale.

Good luck with your journey!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    What calorie goal did MFP give you? Only 3lbs a week is very ambitous for a 25lbs loss. Weight loss is not linear and you don't have a lot to lose. I think maybe you should adjust you goal and give it a bit longer to lose it than 2 months.

Not trying to be a party pooper but if you are eating a big deficit to get yourself to this weight in this timeframe then you will probably regain it pretty quick after the surgery if you go back to eating normally.

A slower more steady loss and a plan to maintain the loss after the surgery would serve you better for the future.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is highest the first week. You probably won't lose as much in the following weeks. Like the others said, you should set a more realistic timeframe like 5-6 months.
  • lcastaner2987
    lcastaner2987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the wise words I understand your perspective but all I can do is try my best with the time frame I have given myself.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    As is your right. Please do come back afterwards and let us know how your journey went.
  • PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    you are right dont let the nay sayers bring you down anything is possible when you set your mind to it and work the plan. i have lost 57 pounds in 6 weeks
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    My current fitness/weight loss journey is not inspired not by a surgery, but is an impetus from surgeries, namely hip replacements. For years beforehand, I was a complete, nearly im-mobile mess! Once I ended my denial and resistance to the idea of surgery, I made a vow that I was never going to willingly allow myself to be like that again! I have begun a more consistent exercise regimen and continued calorie monitoring and increased general activity. That's the best advice I can give.