Affirmation or Blah?

Options
Hi Everyone!

First off, I would like to say that I have only been on MFP for a weel and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I find it to be kinda addictive this making me accountable to log in my food and exercise for the day.

My current sexy stats are as followed:

Height: 5'3ish to 5'4 ish
Current Weight: 192.4
Goal Weight: 145isj to 150ish

I set my goals to... a pound and half a week. MFP told me that 1390 is my NET calorie intake. I am cool with that, but my question is....

On the days that I SO NOT work out (Sat. and Sun) do you think it is insane of me to go over this amount? Somewhere in my head I think it is okay to go from 1390-1500....I mean, there is still a deficiency their right? I may not loose (or may) loose the pounds a half a week, but I STILL WILL LOOSE......right????

:noway: :noway: Affirm? or Blah?

Replies

• me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    I would think that on the days you don't work out, the only way you'll still lose weight is if you stay BELOW your BMR. And MFP should have told you what that is.

Hope this helps.
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's fine. If you have your goal set for 1 1/2 lbs per week, then MFP has calculated a 750 calorie deficit for you each day. So as long as you stay under 2000 calories you should still be losing weight (VERY slowly). I don't work out on Sundays either and find it very difficult to stay under my calorie count that day. But so what? If I'm under all the other days and only go over by 100-200 calories once a week it is fine and I still lose my goal for the week.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I would think that on the days you don't work out, the only way you'll still lose weight is if you stay BELOW your BMR. And MFP should have told you what that is.

Hope this helps.

that is not true, your BMR is the calories you need to be in more or less a coma. If you eat, use the bathroom, and walk to the kitchen and bathroom to do so, you burn more than your BMR
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I thought so....

just wanted to make sure...

slow weight loss is fine with me...as long as it keep the scale moving. I wil make adjustment when my body says so! :)

Thanks again!
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm no expert, but you asked....

On most days in your diary you have listed too few calories. If you are accurately measuring and recording everything you might need to eat more, not less. So if you are still feeling hungry, eat a little more and get closer to your goal. Listen to your body!

On the other hand, you are over your sugar goal almost every day. I'm not even tracking mine, so I'm probably just as bad... But if you are concerned about diabetes or for any reason concerned about sugar intake you need to be careful with that.

I recently found Sugar Free Preserves at Wal-mart that are pretty good. It's not as sweet as jelly, but it does make a decent PB&J.

Good luck with your journey!
  • me525
    Options

Hope this helps.

that is not true, your BMR is the calories you need to be in more or less a coma. If you eat, use the bathroom, and walk to the kitchen and bathroom to do so, you burn more than your BMR

well, thanks for the correction........ I feel my bmr @ 1490 is a bit high (since on my worst pre mfp day's i'd easily hit 2000) so I try to always stay under 1400 on days i do not work out (which is usually just sunday)

Just makes me feel better to know that i'm burning the most i can on the day i only get off the couch to pee:)
  • Ifican
    Ifican Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

well, thanks for the correction........ I feel my bmr @ 1490 is a bit high (since on my worst pre mfp day's i'd easily hit 2000) so I try to always stay under 1400 on days i do not work out (which is usually just sunday)

Just makes me feel better to know that i'm burning the most i can on the day i only get off the couch to pee:)
    [/quote]

Any particular reason you dont do anything? I am an athlete by nature so not doing something drives me crazy, unless i am sick or injured then i still try to find things i to do. I suppose another way to look at this is if you are concerned about going over your limit for the day then adjust your weightloss goal to give you the amount you feel comfortable with on your "off days" if you are running a a deficit over and above that and not going hungry then your doing good. As many have said makes no difference in the long term but might give you the psychological boost you need by need seeing your calories at 0.
  • me525
    Options

[/quote]

Any particular reason you dont do anything? I am an athlete by nature so not doing something drives me crazy, unless i am sick or injured then i still try to find things i to do. I suppose another way to look at this is if you are concerned about going over your limit for the day then adjust your weightloss goal to give you the amount you feel comfortable with on your "off days" if you are running a a deficit over and above that and not going hungry then your doing good. As many have said makes no difference in the long term but might give you the psychological boost you need by need seeing your calories at 0.
    [/quote]

I don't seriously just sit on the couch that day, i have 2 kids, a husband, and house to care for, i just don't do anything work out related. I'm just getting into this after 6yrs of mommymode and not caring for myself. My trainer has advised rest "days" and my marathoner cousin has also. Like she posted I do go to the kitchen and bathroom, I just don't go for a run, or do yoga or anything exercise related on sunday. I feel like that's my day to stay in my jammies and go back to that mommymode person that got me fat in the first place, i'm just more lucid and with it in regards to what i put in my mouth. I"m just trying to do what I have to to lose this weight, i am by far probably the most un-athletic person I know (my kindle is my best friend), but slowing and surely i'll get where i need to be, and when i need to chase my child down on the playground I will be able to do it without wanting to die afterwards:)