Thanks MFP!!

Options
Hi!

ive been using the site for a couple of months, a friend of mine uses another site, but it costs money each month! yuk! I looked around for a free one, and found Myfitnesspal. My friend now agrees that MFP is the better site by far!
I only got serious about losing some weight after I saw a photo of myself at my mothers wedding last year (her third husband, i ask you) and I just didnt recognise myself, I was literally shocked, it was very upsetting, how could I have let myself get like this etc.
Ive always liked a drink and was drinking far too much beer and eating far too much rubbish and smoking far too many cigarettes.
I found myself getting depressed and im convinced it was all part of the lifestyle i was leading.

So.

I went from drinking alcohol everyday to..zero! I gave it up for good last september, I kicked the cigarettes 5 months ago, and got serious about calorie counting using MFP only about 6 weeks back, and started walking round the park 3 months ago with a view to running eventually.

I have lost 8lbs since i started recording weight on MFP (thats in just over a month folks) and today I have been for a 5km run/walk which I am actually running more than walking.

I just thought I would share, say hi and say thanks to MFP, I use the site and the phone app everyday for every meal !!
Good luck to everybody, I find everybodys posts very inspiring and cant thank you all enough! (and hi to anyone in South London/Bromley area!)

J

Replies

• candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Very nice post. Small changes can often times lead to huge results.... MFP is free but the friendships and wisdom we gain here are priceless! WTG!
  • SWEETNESS2008
    Options
    WOW LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE MADE ALOT OF CHANGES FOR THE BETTER FOR YOURSELF! I AM PROUD OF YOU! I HAVE BEEN SITTING HERE FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF JUST HAVING A WEIGHT ISSUE AND YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THE QUITTING OF 2 BAD HABITS AND WORKING ON A THIRD! THATS GREAT INSPIRATION FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE NEW TO THIS WEBSITE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • free2bme7
    Options
    keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
    Lost two pounds only joined two weeks ago. This thing really works.
    Thank God for another birthday today and for helping me in all that I do.
    Keep the faith.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hello from southwest london, and congratulations on everything you have accomplished so far! :bigsmile:
  • traceyj3
    traceyj3 Posts: 13
    Options
    happy for you that you have been able to make such positive changes! I also quit smoking several years ago and don't miss it. I love the support and wonderful people on this site also. It helps to have insight on other peoples struggles and triumphs. Keeps you going, and the fact it's free is even sweeter.
  • jameshindmarch
    jameshindmarch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for your quick replies!!

I can honestly say that although ive made some big lifestyle changes (getting rid of alcohol and *kitten* etc) the weight only began to come off when I began using Myfitnesspal. I was grossly underestimating the amount of calories i was eating! Things like olive oil, cheese etc, I was astounded how calorific they were, even things like having honey in my tea which I love, I had to take it all into account to get an accurate picture of what I was consuming. An electronic pair of kitchen scales is the best purchase ive ever made also, I weigh EVERYTHING now!!
    J
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    hi from watford, herts

yep it is the underestimating that does it every time, i also weigh everything now,
    also look at calories when i go shopping, my sister in law and i love scampi!!! what a shocker that one was.
    nice post, thanks for sharing
  • karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wow congrats on all you have achieved so far!!! and good luck with your weight loss!! feel free to add me!