Ladies with PCOS

Options
Hey everyone!

So since it’s PCOS awareness month, I’m going to be writing up a little blog post sharing what I’ve been doing to help try and manage my symptoms etc.

I’m not going to share my link to my site because obviously I’ll get told off on here but I was wondering if any other ladies who suffer with PCOS could possibly message me a short little paragraph about how it affects them and what they are doing to try and manage their symptoms?

I want to add atleast 3 to the end of the blogpost. If you could help me out that’d really mean a lot, thanks. :)

#CYSTERSUNITE <3
5ced2ynnp3q9.jpeg

Replies

• Krysla_xo
    Krysla_xo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Krysla. I love in Florida and I have PCOS. I am currently trying to cut out all processed sugars. I am working out vigorously 3 times a week and I also am going to start a magnesium supplement to try to naturally regulate my hormones! ❤️
  • onelonegypsy
    onelonegypsy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My daughter suffers from PCOS. She is not on MFP. However, she started a diet a week ago which is supposed to help with the awful affects of this condition. Unfortunately, she does not know whether it has helped or not yet since she now has the flu.
  • Raegold
    Raegold Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I usually go with a low carb plus calorie counting, that helps to control my hunger and I can lose weight or maintain more easily. I've been hearing talk of intermittent fasting and keto for PCOS, but haven't been able to find any reliable sources for that, so I'm going to hold off on those for now.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 13 years ago. Hirsutism, obesity, insulin resistance, and anovulatory/irregular/missing cycles are my main concerns. Currently I'm taking NAC and Ovasitol twice daily, plus daily vitamin d3, prenatal vitamin, and magnesium lotion, as well as cyclical progesterone cream. I've found calorie and macro counting, as well as exercise, to be instrumental in weightloss (-38lbs since June 2018). I exercise 3-4×/week and try to keep my macros at about 35% carbs, 35% fat and 30% protein, with a focus on minimally processed, whole grain/low sugar foods. I've been off hormonal birth control for just over a year and TTC with no luck thus far, but I'm hopeful :)
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I was officially diagnosed last month. It went unnoticed for me since I was on hormonal birth control for years and I don't have a high weight (evidently 50% of PCOS people aren't overweight/obese, which I hasn't realised). My main obvious symptom in retrospect was some very stubborn acne. I went off birth control and found out I just don't have periods naturally (though I used to as a teen--but they were awful and lasted for a month at a time and made me anemic).

I had my insulin tested and it's fine, so I haven't made any dietary changes and simply aim to maintain my weight. I already eat a fairly balanced diet and weight lift/run/do yoga, so my doctor basically said we'll do yearly blood tests and that's about it. I don't take any supplements except for a multi-vitamin. I probably can't have kids, but I wasn't planning on it, anyway.