Recreational Exercise

Options
All chores done.😊 Time for some gentle recreational exercise on a bike ride.πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸŒ€πŸ˜Ž Really been looking forward to this.😎

[gbhdl944ngz3.jpeg
zecqt2il5z0j.jpeg
ky9qhvlohb9b.jpeg
addtedj5nok3.jpeg
img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/se/0hr0u7i49cbk.jpeg[/img]
kfcpbeu3zxbk.jpeg

Replies

• chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Where are you located? Looks like a nice path along the river. I used to live right near the Erie Canal in Rochester NY. I miss it.
  • aziz_n1
    aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Images from a nice recreational bike ride in London alongside the River Thames and in one of London’s big parks, Battersea Park.

22pfhjhq8emk.jpeg
    x2ihclwf1i8i.jpeg
    73ov74sncj04.jpeg
    n0pujzb3clno.jpeg
    u7rkl53wbtb6.jpeg
    2ngbb0sxaaqe.jpeg
    ue792cjdwabc.jpeg
    8fjvwkznst7a.jpeg
    xsovp2gww0cd.jpeg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    :lol: Did you know that lady at the cafe? Looks like she is watching you.

Nice bike ride.
  • aziz_n1
    Options
    I live in Wandsworth, London. Close to so many great routes for leisure riding.
    No, I don’t know the lady. Think she was just curious as to why I would want to take a photo of a mobile cafe/burger bar...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures!
  • aziz_n1
    Options
    Where are you located? Looks like a nice path along the river. I used to live right near the Erie Canal in Rochester NY. I miss it.[/quote]

I live in Wandsworth, south-west London. Close to so many great cycle routes. Sometimes, I take the bike by car on the bike rack and start somwhere away from home. Glad to say that cycling in the UK is high up on the political agenda, so a lot of money is being spent to improve cycling facilities/routes all over the UK.
    Hope you can still find some nice routes where you are now.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Be careful - I started out doing charity rides including a "London Bridges" ride starting from Tower Bridge and ending up just past Hampton Court bridge having zig-zagged over all the intervening bridges.

Got hooked on cycling, spent a fortune - and worth every single penny!

The lovely Richmond Park is in easy reach for you and the Surrey Hills are a cyclist's paradise if rather challenging.

If you fancy trying some longer distances then Audax UK is worth joining, their events are dirt cheap and you get to explore new areas following routes designed by the people who ride there all the time.
    http://www.aukweb.net/
  • aziz_n1
    Options
    Already got hooked on leisure cycling, many years ago. Got so many guide books with rides rated for difficulty levels. Glad to say, I too, have been on so many different rides, not just in London but all over the UK.
    Done BHF and other charity rides many times.
    Love following old converted railway lines and also the many waterways (rivers & canals) in the UK.
    My favourite ride? Has to be early morning alongside or nr The Thames all the way out to the Woolwich Barrier and back. Some of the rides along coastal routes are fab too.
    I was a member of CTC for a while but found there rides were a bit too frantic. I prefer my riding to be more leisurely. I get intense exercise on the squash court and at the gym.
    Biggest thrill? Freewheeling downhill at high speed...
    Also, in my job as a Civil Engineer, I’m designing a lot of cycle routes for clients all over the UK.
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    An ex-Londoner here now living abroad. Your pictures and descriptions make me quite nostalgic and your enthusiasm shines through. Happy biking!