Any other noobs want to do 15 miles this week?

Options
I just got my very first treadmill (I have little kiddos, so outside walking doesn't work out) and have challenged myself to get in 15 miles this week. I know it isn't much, but for just starting out I think it will be a good goal.
Are there any other beginners out here that want to join me?

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll join ya!

I've been doing 2-4 a day. So as long as I stay motivated and go I'll meet it with you!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    this is such a good idea :) I'll commit to 15 as well!
  • linbaby4
    linbaby4 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you :)
    I've been meaning to catch up on my walking/jogging and need that added incentive lol

Feel free to add me as well! :)
  • rgalloway49
    rgalloway49 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll join you :-) I did 4 miles this morning and my goal is to do 4 miles 4 times per week. Great idea!
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
    I like my treadmill for when I'm too busy to hit a class at the gym, which I know I will be this week. I don't push myself nearlyheard enough when I do it on my own, though!

Now I'm excited to jump on there today!
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    lol I don't have a treadmill, but I had to laugh at your post, and here's why:

I have 3 boys ages 4 and under, and decided this morning that "it's nice, I'll take them for a walk around the neighborhood" LOL Yeah, BRILLIANT idea on my part. :P Oh well, it was 25 mins more exercise than I'd gotten so far today :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    lol I don't have a treadmill, but I had to laugh at your post, and here's why:

I have 3 boys ages 4 and under, and decided this morning that "it's nice, I'll take them for a walk around the neighborhood" LOL Yeah, BRILLIANT idea on my part. :P Oh well, it was 25 mins more exercise than I'd gotten so far today :)

Yeah...I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, both little girls, and both really interested in EVERYTHING that we pass. I feel more like I'm herding sheep then taking a walk when we go out.
  • cmbradfield
    Options
    I'm in! I'm trying to increase my running time so this is a great motivator!
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    feel free to add me as well!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I'm in - coming back from injury so this gives me a doable target :smile:
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I just got my first treadmill last week and love it! I walked/jogged 12 miles last week, so this will be a good challenge. Add me if you like :-)
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not a treadmill Noob... just want to say. I very much like my treadmill!!!!! Wouldn't run or walk regularly without it. You have picked a fantastic goal. Celebrate each mile logged under your feet.

Helpful tips to stay motivated... (as I do confess Treadmill gets a bit monotonous)
    1. Tunes or TV. My preference is movies that have subtitles. I have wireless headphones as well, but if you have kiddos, being able to hear them might be needed too.
    2. I'm constantly changing something. Whether speed or incline. I will vary between super challenging, doable but pushing it and easy.
    3. Keep a towel handy and fan blowing on you. Treadmill motor creates heat.... Heat gets the sweat going....
    4. Have a rule. I can only watch the mailed netflix movies while on the treadmill. Or you get to have a treat ( ONE piece of chocolate) after logging 3 miles, etc.

Also... if you have kids, make sure you consider safety. Making sure that all kid parts are away from all moving treadmill parts. Making sure it faces out into the room rather than the other way, so they can't get behind it. (just food for thought)

Happy treadmilling!!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I like to watch football while I'm on the treadmill - I can follow the plot but I don't need to hear it :wink:
  • lazyspice
    Options
    2.5 miles done :smile:
  • tonyahaataja
    Options
    I joined last year ,this is my 1st time on since (sad to say) . I need support . So i'll try this. Wish me luck!
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    I did about 6.5 miles today! Wasn't planning on that but I felt like I could run forever today so I took advantage of it!
  • alise_lmx
    Options
    I joined last year ,this is my 1st time on since (sad to say) . I need support . So i'll try this. Wish me luck!

Good luck! :)
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    8/29-9/4 15 mile challenge
    8/29 3 miles!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Sure! I am running 5 today... I will friend you.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, We got this! I will post a new topic titled "8/29-9/4 15 Mile Challenge Day #" every morning around 8. I'll try to update from the previous day's thread, but if I miss you, make sure to let me know when you add that day's total.

I did my first day of C25K yesterday and pushed to do 2 full miles, 10 minutes of that running. I've got some catching up to do today, but got to make sure to stretch first, youch my hip hurts! See you all on the new thread...