Oil

Options
concerning oil, i don't use very much when cooking, usually far less than recipes state but i was wondering how many of you add it to your diaries (religiously or not) ?

i know when i use recipes already in the database (such as from bbc good food) the oil is generally included, but if you only use a small amount - such as the one calorie oil spray (i do spray more than once though ;p) do you record it?

Replies

• staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Anything that has calories I add to the diary - "low" calorie foods can really add up during the day. I also log no calorie foods - just to keep track of what I am eating.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If I'm making a recipe from stratch, I include oil. But if I'm frying an egg, I literally use the tiniest bit of oil, you can't even see it. I don't log that.
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    If you ask me, I couldn't see it being that big a deal... but if you're consistently using oil to cook things, then perhaps it would be worth it to log. Or if it says how many calories it has when you use it, then maybe you'd want to log it. Otherwise, I, back when I could cook and wasn't being fed by the army (ha), don't use enough that I think it would make much of a difference. I guess the choice ultimately is up to the person who's using it. :)