how many pounds/weight did it take for you to notice a difference or change

Options
2»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    20 pounds. It was day 45 before I lost the first pound of weight but I stated to lose pain after day 15.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Physically, at nearly 30 lbs down, I cannot see changes day to day. I see some changes in progress pictures though. I started to feel differences though after about 15 lbs. I am sure it is very, very different for everyone.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    20- 30 pounds. For me 20 pounds minimum before a size change
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    If you are asking about appearance or clothing fit, I haven’t noticed anything yet (down about 15 pounds). But, I have noticed my general fitness has improved and my wedding band is much more comfortable. I feel like my overall mood has improved, as well.

ETA: Regarding clothing, I have noticed my bras are fitting better. It’s not such a struggle with the sports bras as it was a few months ago.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 pounds and don't really notice much yet. A pair of yoga type pants that were quite tight before now do seem to fit better but that's about the only change I've seen/felt yet. But I have 50+ pounds to lose yet so that makes a difference. Where as if you only needed to lost 30 pounds total then you'd probably notice 20 pounds a lot.
  • 4ceOfNature
    4ceOfNature Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I first noticed after I lost 8 lbs. I’ve heard other women say that’s the magic number.
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you weigh, so it’s a proportional thing. I am at the lower BMI range and I notice anything more than 3 lbs significantly in how my clothes fit and how my belly looks!
  • yuko0407
    yuko0407 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    15 pounds. It's when I've noticed that my clothes got loose and I've bought a skirt a size smaller (NSV!).
  • bex1086
    bex1086 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started at 10st 4lbs last April and am now 7st 12lbs which I hit late last year. Other than having to buy smaller clothes I haven't noticed a difference at all.

I think I was in the 9st range when I bought smaller clothes then smaller still when I got to the high 8st range and smaller again at the lower 8st range.
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Some days I notice things others I don’t. I think I noticed my face slimming first, probably at around 5lbs. Then nothing for awhile, then I noticed clothes fitting a bit better, but still no dramatic changes. Now I’m down 20lbs, (5’4” 181 to start) and still don’t think I look like I’ve had significant loss but just yesterday I put on a cotton (non stretchy blouse) and realized it was no longer tight in the arms and that I had a couple of inches of positive ease.

I definitely have a bit of an issue with how I perceive my body. As a teen I was a size 4 120lbs and saw myself as much bigger than I was, when I was at my top weight I saw myself as smaller as I was. It was only in pictures that I can truly see the size that am/was.

So I’ve stopped depending on my eyes/brain to judge accurately.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    About 25 kg / 60 pounds, after about one year.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,494 Member
    Options
    I noticed after a couple of weeks that the GERD from hell disappeared. That was fantastic motivation, and all the positive reinforcement I needed right there. It hasn’t come back, and I can eat all the tomatoes and hot foods I want now, which is good because I’ve become addicted to fish tacos doused in Frank's Hot Sauce.

At thirty pounds, everything was big and baggy. We went on a trip to London, and I took the worst offenders, wore them, and left them in the room when we left, in hopes someone could use them. Bought a few new things at Primark and M&S, but have now given all of those away, too, or left them in hotel rooms in eastern Europe. I’m on my third set of new clothes now. Learnt my lesson. The middle set was straight off the clearance rack at Target. There’s some killer deals there if you can find the Target where all the clearance seems to accumulate.

This last set should fit me for a while, so I definitely upgraded. I earned it. 😊
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    The answer will depend on how much weight you have to lose.
    For me it was 10lbs in, I was down two dress sizes at that point and only had a further 10lb to lose.
  • 1martinimomma
    1martinimomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 lbs and finally my pants around my waist are too big. I only wanted to lose 30 lbs, or at least that is what I thought, but since I haven't seen that much of a change I might try and go lower. I did notice the other day when I was bending over to paint my toes, my stomach wasn't in the way as much.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    About 5 pounds and I noticed a couple older shirts were fitting better. About 10 pounds and my belt was easier to buckle and I could fasten it another notch in, though that's a little uncomfortable.
    Looking in a mirror, I don't really see a change yet, but my memory is that last time I lost 20 pounds before it was really visible to me. I think it's just harder to notice a difference on ourselves than it is for others to see it.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I noticed it when I was down 10-12. I could tell, I could feel it but I don't think anyone else could. Another great question is when did other people notice? When was the first comment or compliment? I think I was down 20 pounds and I got a comment at work. At 30 I got another great compliment.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    25 for me

for others to notice 35-40