Intense Workout, Hormones,... Now What Do I Do?

Options
I posted previously here about my intense workout. I stuck with it for about 2 months and I saw great results. My body was shaping up well but I wasn't feeling well at all. I noticed constant crying spells, moodiness, bitterness, irritability, weird nerves pain and aches. I did some blood work and it turns out my Prolactin levels went really high. My body is stressed apparently and it affected my hormones and disrupted my female cycle. I want to bring down my Prolactin levels so I can feel less like killing myself. I also do not want to stop working out and lose all the progress I did. I just don't know what to do now.

This was my typical workout program for 2 months:

Pre-workout: Stretching & activation exercises

- Elliptical run (10-15 mins)
- Elliptical sliding machine (wide slides) (10-15 mins)
- Chest press machines (blank/no weights - 10 reps x 3)
- Flat bench press (20lb/30lb - 10 reps x3)
- Floor exercise - hydrant dog + side kicks + leg raisers (each 15 reps x3)
- 45 angle sit up machine (10 reps x3)

Sometimes I run for 10 minutes after this (or)
Cycling 10 mins (or)
Cycling 5 minutes

Post-workout: Stretching

And that's it. I do this every other day.

I'm the type of person that likes cardio and finds its hard to do strength training without cardio first. How should I readjust this program? I want to continue to focus on shaping legs and glutes but not so much weight on arms because I have bulging neck disk and degenerative disease so I don't want to add more stress there.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    You need to talk with your doctor.
  • Pinkturnip
    Pinkturnip Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Doctor said I need to reduce stress and Prolactin will go down. My post was about how to readjust my program to make it less intense but manage to keep working out.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    With your degenerative discs, you should ask for a recommendation to a physical therapist.