I didn't cave!!!

Options
I have been doing very well with The Atkins Controlled Carb plan since the end of December. I have lost 30 pounds since December 29, 2008 and I am feeling great.

Well, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night (3 hours due to work) and I didn't make it to the gym this morning to work out, plus it is time for TOM.................

I got up and made myself 3 fried eggs (fired in coconut oil) and 3 slices of natural cured bacon for breakfast, salad (romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber) and a pack of tuna for lunch. Snacks are cut up veggies with ranch dip.

So, I have plenty of food for my day. As well as I have been doing with the lifestyle change, I was craving Sonic today.........................

When I was coming back to my office after leaving a client's office, I actually drove into Sonic and circled the parking lot debating with myself about getting something............I knew I was already low energy today because I am tired from lack of sleep and I think that is why I started craving Sonic because I have had absolutely NO CRAVINGS AT ALL since the beginning of January.................

I decided not to spend the money on eating out and eat what I brought from home for lunch...........

I am sooo glad I did because the tuna topped salad with 1000 island dressing was FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!! I feel better that I diverted a disaster or a binge...................

:smile: :smile:

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have been doing very well with The Atkins Controlled Carb plan since the end of December. I have lost 30 pounds since December 29, 2008 and I am feeling great.

Well, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night (3 hours due to work) and I didn't make it to the gym this morning to work out, plus it is time for TOM.................

I got up and made myself 3 fried eggs (fired in coconut oil) and 3 slices of natural cured bacon for breakfast, salad (romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber) and a pack of tuna for lunch. Snacks are cut up veggies with ranch dip.

So, I have plenty of food for my day. As well as I have been doing with the lifestyle change, I was craving Sonic today.........................

When I was coming back to my office after leaving a client's office, I actually drove into Sonic and circled the parking lot debating with myself about getting something............I knew I was already low energy today because I am tired from lack of sleep and I think that is why I started craving Sonic because I have had absolutely NO CRAVINGS AT ALL since the beginning of January.................

I decided not to spend the money on eating out and eat what I brought from home for lunch...........

I am sooo glad I did because the tuna topped salad with 1000 island dressing was FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!! I feel better that I diverted a disaster or a binge...................

:smile: :smile:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hooray for you! that's some serious will power! i know cuz i've circled the parking lot at mcdonald's debating whether or not i need those fries:laugh:
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! I circled the Culvers Parking lot last night!!!! I am glad I am not the only who does that!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I wish I could circle the lot vs just going in.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I wish I could circle the lot vs just going in.

yep, i've done that too:laugh:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well. I did Atkin's several times and could never get through the first couple of weeks of induction. I lasted a lot longer on Carb Addict's until I plateaud and I have thought of trying it again. Any tips for planning or sticking it out??? Good for you for resisting!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You have the discipline of a monk! That rocks!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Way to take control.....I have actually gone through the drivethru with my honey and some friends and sat while they ordered greasy fast foodiness and when it came to me I paused......staring at the menu at 3am (they bounce at a bar) and opted out..........we then passed a Taco bell and I thought, well I can go there it's a healthier alternative and as honey was about to turn into the driveway I passed....told him I would rather go home and have something bought and paid for that is worth putting in my body, he ate an extreme sausage sandwich and I had a bowl of Special K.........didn't go a cal over......felt great to say NO and undo all of the work I did for that day!

Good for you!

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    hooray for you! that's some serious will power! i know cuz i've circled the parking lot at mcdonald's debating whether or not i need those fries:laugh:

Oh, it was hard...................

I am craving the coney chili dogs................

I actually just returned from my Neighborhood Coop. I purchased some preservative free, natural hot dogs, fresh cheddar cheese and will make some chili at home..............I will have a chili dog casserole (with no bread) and a salad for dinner to catch that craving!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    You are doing so well. I did Atkin's several times and could never get through the first couple of weeks of induction. I lasted a lot longer on Carb Addict's until I plateaud and I have thought of trying it again. Any tips for planning or sticking it out??? Good for you for resisting!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

I have just made up my mind that I am going to make the lifestyle change...........

I am diabetic. My doctor told me either low carb lifestyle (done by the book) and exercise OR pills and eventually insulin shots...........

The picture I have engrained in my head about my grandmother and the amputations from her diabetes and her taking shots, but still eating bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, cakes, pies, cookies, etc............She was not controlling her diabetes, even with the shots (and her meter told her that her sugar level was ok)..............She was killing herself.

i don't want that to be me. That is motivation enough for me................

I was on 2 diabetes meds in January. I am not only down to 1 medication, but the Dr and I are weaning me off the 2nd one.

I am hoping to be medication free by tthe late spring or early summer.

As far as planning, I plan ahead. Sunday, I cook up a bunch of chicken breasts, make some chicken salad and cut other ones into strips for salads. I keep packs of tuna on hand for on the go.

Glad and ziploc plastic containers I put lettuce and other veggies in containers for work, so I just grab and go.

I put servings of cheese, nuts, seeds in those little snack bags. Again, grab and go............

Yogurt is divided from the container to little serving size containers, again grab and go...........

I do this for me and my husband. He is doing Atkins with me. He is now completely off of his high blood pressure meds............

My husband and I are proof that an all natural, low carb lifestyle is a truly healthy one. He is medication free now and I am on my way to being medication free...........

I have a lot of recipes if you would like some to try. Variety is the key for us!! And we make it a point to try out a vegetable or a fruit that we have never tried before to keep things going.
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Also, Dr. Atkins says in the book that if you get bored with induction, it is time to go ahead and start with Phase 2, On going weight loss.............

I posted all the rungs of the carb ladder and I skipped rung 5 for now (wine and low carb spirits). I went straight to legumes...................

The more you go up the carb ladder, the more foods you have available for you to choose from and eat, so it makes it easier and easier............

And I have learned to adapt a LOT of my high carb recipes into low or lower carb recipes.

I make a FANTASTIC sugar-free, nut crust low carb cheese cake.