Another NSV.....

Options
angievaughn
angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
This weekend I took my 5 year old to the park to play....and decided instead of just sitting and watching I would follow her around and do just what she did!!

I could slide down all the slides without the worry of getting stuck!!! It was such a nice time with her and doing everything she wanted to do without saying...mommy is tired!!!

I did it!! I have lost 72 pounds and 38 inches (I get to measure again on the first..cross your fingers there are more inches gone). Gone from a 24 to a 14...and still working on a lower size.
I am still working on losing more weight and get more fit!!

I have done so well that I had a man from the small town I live in ask me what I was taking...He actually thought I had gotten mixed up with drugs....I was insulted at first.....then thought about it....most people don't believe you can do it through just diet and exercise!!
Now, my comment back to people who ask me what I am doing to lose so much weight...is.......oh...it's Meth!! Of course then I say not really...just good old fashion diet and exercise. Most people are excited to learn what I am doing until they hear diet and exercise...then no one wants to hear about it at all!!

I have promised my MFP friends pictures....and they will be coming soon!!
I just hope everyone here sticks with this program and has many success stories to share as I have!!!
Have a wonderful week!! Best of luck to all of you!!
Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    congrats

Stu

:happy:
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    COngratulations, those are the moments that make you feel great. I have friends who don't see me very often, and really want to do this to loose what the need to loose. It is a great feleing af accomplishment.
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • dolphin030574
    dolphin030574 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Job! IT CAN BE DONE!!!
  • unicorn19girl
    unicorn19girl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are right...most people don't belive you can do it through diet and exercise. I have had people insist I had the gastric bypass. When they say that to me, I say let's go for a run and my fitness level will tell the truth, and then I show them my muscles. LOL. Congrats and keep up the good work! It's teh hardest thing in the world that I have ever done, but after losing 112 pounds I feel better than ever.
  • future_hottie
    future_hottie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT! I Love it. but I do have question. I'm a newbie. Whats a NSV?
  • angievaughn
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I take it day by day!! Sometimes meal to meal!!! I feel wonderful and I know it's only going to get better!!!
  • angievaughn
    Options
    NON scale victory!!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Your attitude is insanely great. :)

Forward we go!
  • JsGordita
    Options
    thats great :)
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Kudos!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV... so very happy for Angie! I bet your daughter and you had a complete blast and made some great memories that day. You've gone down 10 SIZES... what an accomplishment and no easy task. You totally deserve this and I am so proud of you!! :bigsmile:

It's a shame some people are so cynical that they find it easier to believe you're doing drugs rather than actually taking care of yourself through diet and exercise. Equally so that they would rather hear you've stumbled across some magic pill or diet they too can follow with ease. Admittedly, I have been guilty of the latter in the past. The truth is most people don't want to hear that it takes TIME, WORK and DEDICATION to lose a significant amount of weight and that there are no quick fixes!!

Lastly, I want to say that you have been my biggest inspiration and if it weren't for your kindness and support, I wouldn't have stuck with my first challenge... the 30DS. You have been an amazing friend!! :smooched: Kudos to you girl!!!! I have absolutely no doubt you will make your goal and I can't wait to see the pics. I know you'll look stunning!! :love:

All the best for the remainder of your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE!!!!

OMG!!! PROPER NUTRITION & EXCERCISE=SUCCESS

WHO KNEW?
  • sgiacherio
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have such a great story! And what a fantastic workout to do what your daughter does at the playground. I can barely keep up with my toddler around the house. Best of luck in your continued good health. Hahahahaa, Meth....that's hilarious! :)
  • tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well done Angie!

You are an inspiration to so many I'm sure and I am proud to have you as an MFP friend :happy:
  • future_hottie
    future_hottie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey then i had one of them the night of my spaggetti thing LOL LOL =]
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Congrats Angie. I totally understand the feeling of playing with the little ones and not running out of energy. I couldn't barely keep up with my daughter and now I can. Congrats on the size drops, and you will get to that small size in no time. I am proof of that one.

I can't wait to see updated pics - it has been too long. Oh, and people don't want to hear the old fashion way of watching what you eat and exercising - they want a "quick fix". What they don't realize is becuase we are doing it correctly, it will stay off this way. Keep up the amazing work, and you will be to goal in no time.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yay, isn't that just the best!!!! I had a similar exerience yesterday. Instead of watching my six year old roller skate (and eating from the snack bar), I skated with him. So remarkable. Congrats on being the kind of mom you probably always wanted to be!!!!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You are so incredibly wonderful!!! :flowerforyou: Can't wait to see the pics!!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    fantastic victory!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!