When you are tired of tracking...

2»

Replies

• liz60625
    liz60625 Posts: 17 Member
    I appreciate all the answers and advice!
  • I’ve grown accustomed to weighing myself nearly every morning, which allows me to stay aware of my weight when I’m not tracking. I think it’s important to have some other method of accountability so that you don’t inadvertently undo the progress you’ve made. Whether that’s scale weight or a fitted pair of pants, something else as a safety net is a must.

Now, when I’m diligently tracking calories, sometimes I avoid the daily body weight scale, because I get frustrated that results aren’t faster.

Again though, some method of keeping yourself accountable is important. Fight to maintain your progress, even if you aren’t finished yet or need a little break from tracking.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    I log my whole day with my morning coffee. Seems to help me stick to it when I see it all laid out. And it motivates me to exercise so I can have a little something that isn't on the list.
    Of course, I've been doing this less than a month so I probably haven't hit tracking fatigue yet.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    hmhill17 wrote: »
    I log my whole day with my morning coffee. Seems to help me stick to it when I see it all laid out. And it motivates me to exercise so I can have a little something that isn't on the list.
    Of course, I've been doing this less than a month so I probably haven't hit tracking fatigue yet.

You may not ever hit it. It is really a matter of perspective. As someone who has been quite large and lived a fatiguing lifestyle logging is a breeze and it means my life is easier and better.

I don't even find entering recipes to be a chore. However, I don't typically write recipes that are more than 15 ingredients and many of those would be herbs and spices I have no reason to track. I will also umbrella ingredients like condiments. If I am making a meatloaf and I use mustard, kechup, hot sauce, soy sauce and worcestshire sauce I will increase the amount of ketchup I enter to include all of the calories from the others. All I really care about is the calories, protein, fat, and fiber.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I enjoy using the MFP system - it has become my daily routine, together with so many interesting topics for education and discussion.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Create some meal and entire day templates. Sometimes, you think you've just made the ultimate be-all and end-all day but then you don't ever eat those meals again. Switch it all UP. I've made meals for my uzhe coffee routines, heavy duty rocket fuel to cold coffee afternoons. Make it fun because I find tracking my data points to be relaxing, fun and entertaining. It doesn't take much to make me happy. B)