Not losing weight anymore & other issues?

Options
The last 3 weeks have been strange to me, i have done good on losing weight so far but 3 weeks ago right before AF i gained 4lbs. i figured it was just my regular gain with AF, so i didn't pay much attention to it but i thought it was weird that AF was a whole week early thats never happened before, it has been late but never early. And when AF was gone the weight didn't go back down. So here is a list of what i think has been strange the last 3 weeks:

1. AF week early
2. Weight gain, even with eating right and exercise(maybe 3 days not eating so well but i made up for it throughout the week)
3. Breaking out really bad, every day i get up and there are more pimples/zits, i hardly ever break out(usually only with AF or when preggo) this has been for 3 weeks now, it's driving me crazy.
4. I am really tired, i don't feel like doing anything and i fall right to sleep at night because i feel so sleepy and usually it takes me forever to fall asleep.

I went to my doc. and talked to him and had my blood taken and tested for anemia, thyroid issues and a few other (i forget what they were) and he said they were all normal. But i just feel like something is going on, i just don't understand how AF can come early i am having such bad breakouts and even though i am doing everything right to lose weight i actually gained 4lbs.(i only got 1 off in the past 3 weeks) and why i just want to sleep or lay around all day. Anyone have any suggestions, or have had similar issues? It's extremely frustrating that i am trying so hard and nothing is happening.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    whats AF?
  • crfeeney
    crfeeney Posts: 28
    Options
    You don't have to take my advice if you're not comfortable with it, but I've been in the same situation and I generally do a 1 day fast and drink PLENTY of water. it gives toxins time to exit your body and it will clear your skin up, because water is amazing for your skin. Good luck :)
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    what's AF? :embarassed:
  • JsGordita
    Options
    Aunt Flo, Period etc. It's the abbreviation used for it on another forum in on.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    whats AF?

Aunt Flo=TOM. :)

Was it an otherwise normal cycle??
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    AF = TOM
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Did he happen to do a pregnancy test?
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AF= Aunt Flo
  • JsGordita
    Options
    No he didn't do a pregnancy test and the last period i had no cramps(i thought was weird i always get really bad ones ) and it wasn't as heavy as usual but i just figured i got lucky :)
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if they did a pregnancy test as well. If you're only a month along, your AF can be very unusual.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what AF is.....

But you never mention how many calories you're eating a day or what perccentage your carb/protein/fat are set at...
    My first guess is you're eating less than 1200 net and probably starving yourself.... that low number only works for a little while.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My TOM got seriously messed up for about two months or so, some time after I started losing weight. I got it EVERY OTHER WEEK. No increase in blood loss though, because each period was shorter and lighter. Still very annoying!

After 3-4 such cycles, it seems to have stabilized and gone back to normal for me. If yours is still acting up after 2-3 more cycles, I'd suggest seeing a doctor.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    PREGGERZZZZ!! :o)
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Take a pregnancy test! Maybe AF wasn't an AF, but rather implantation bleeding? This happened to me once before.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    PCOS is also extremely common if you have crazy periods and the insulin resistance makes it hard to lose weight.
    Google PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and see if the symptoms fit --
  • JsGordita
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, i don't think it's my eating or losing weight(i didn't just start this process) i have been doing the same things as far as eating exercising etc. for around 18mo.
  • JsGordita
    Options
    I guess i will wait to see if my period comes next week and if it does i will talk with my doctor again and if not i will take a test.