Mindset

Options
What kinds of beliefs get you going? What makes you work harder and better?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Regarding what exactly?
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    The same holds true for hippopotami.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I want a hippopotamus for Christmas 🎵🎶🎵
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I don't go in for all that rah, rah stuff. I have my life goals that I've internalized and I work towards them every day. I already work harder and better in the context of a life balanced with other things.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Only a hippopotamus will do
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm a sad, jaded individual, so for me, worker harder has gotten me nowhere. I've been able to meet my goals by figuring out the laziest way to do it while still rewarding myself handsomely for what little effort I did put in. So I guess my mantra would be "work smarter, not harder, but make it look like you're just working harder".

Same!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I believe if I turn the key in my car, it will get going. And it works!!!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It really should be to stay alive (healthy and fit) to be around for my now young adult children. Why isn't that enough to stop me from binging? When I lost a lot of weight, it was so much easier for me to walk around and move. So why did I gain 25 lbs? I want the fun and a healthier life. Just not able all the time to put my mind into it and to stay the course.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options

I mostly believe in myself and in my abilities to improve.

But somehow I doubt that was the answer you were looking for... sorry if that's the case.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm a sad, jaded individual, so for me, working harder has gotten me nowhere. I've been able to meet my goals by figuring out the laziest way to do it while still rewarding myself handsomely for what little effort I did put in. So I guess my mantra would be "work smarter, not harder, but make it look like you're just working harder".

This is classic!! Love it!!! I feel very similar.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options

No beliefs ... just a physical condition. If I'm not exhausted I work harder and better.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Scale, mirrors... those things that should really not matter.
    Conforming to my rules. The feeling of being in control over my life.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    What makes me work harder and better is creating habits and the discipline to stick with them.

If you are referring to motivation, that's something I can't count on, so don't.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    Options
    I am an Amazon working to fulfil my destiny while maintaining relentless optimism in the face of all available evidence.