I need friends, please :(

Options
I hate to do this desperate attempt at gathering MFP supporters, I never thought I'd be 'that girl'.

I've beeon on MFP for a little over a month and it has been amazing. Unfortunately, I joined because of a girl that I was "friends" with and I quickly found myself getting pissed off at her statuses and jabs at my progress, it became personal and not in a good way. She made it competitive and icky and that's just not what this place is about.

I don't have the much weight (if any) to lose, I'm trying to get in shape and healthy endurance and strength wise. I'm training for my first half marathon.
I'm a graduate student and I work full-time, so I'm pretty stressed and could use some encouragement.

I struggle mostly with healthy eating habits (read: i love junk food ) I also write a blog http://www.thequestforfitness.com

If you would like some mutual support, please add me. I could use some right now.

Replies

• subzerolv
    subzerolv Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We could all use more friends!

Best of luck on your marathon training too!

-Tod
  • twotfluty
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I also didn't think that I needed the support of others, and a friend of sorts has lost weight and left me in the dust (I thought we could encourage each other mutually....). Anyway, I'll send you a request!

Also, congrats on training for your race! It's so worth it. I did one a few years ago (even when I was heavier than I am now!) and it still makes me feel good to say I've done a half marathon. Keep up the good work!
  • kt_rubino
    kt_rubino Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lets be friends!
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I can always use a few more supportive friends, too. Good luck! :)
  • originalchickenchicken
    Options
    Go ahead and add me, if you wish. I am a full-time Mom and work part-time from home. I am training for a half marathon in January and a full marathon in April (Yikes!). Overall I just trying to eat healthy to be happy and feel good. I would love to lose a couple of pounds, but not trying to be obessed about it.