Calling All Recipes! Cook Once Eat All Week?

Options
Does anyone have some good, nutritious recipes they'd like to share for big batch lunches or dinners that can be made ahead? I've been making big batches of quinoa once a week and eating them for lunch all week, but need some variety! I'll take anything, I love to eat and cook, so nothing is too complicated or too simple. Looking forward to seeing your answers!

Also, here's my standard quinoa recipe- just changing the vinaigrette, the veggies and the herbs makes for a totally different meal!

Serves 4-5.
1 cup quinoa cooked according to package instructions.
2 tbs Vinaigrette (ginger/lime or cilantro/lime have been recent favorites)
Fresh herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro, etc.)
Chopped veggies (carrots, celery, tomatoes, corn, zucchini, etc.)
Optional addition of chicken or cubed tofu.

Mix all together in a big bowl and enjoy!

Calories vary, obviously, so I enter a recipe each time I make one.

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I shall bump for later. Bummmp.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    sounds delish! Where do you find the ginger/lime or cilantro/lime vinaigrette?
  • jenwarship
    jenwarship Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Ah, sorry. I should have stated that I make it myself. Although you could probably purchase something similar. All my vinaigrettes are about the same recipe too!

Juice from one lemon (or lime)
    1 tsp of agave nectar or honey
    zest from one lemon (or lime)
    salt
    pepper
    1 tsp olive oil
    Add any other herbs in about 1 tsp - 1 tbs quantities (ex. 1 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro) (1 tsp dry thyme w/ the lemon is a great dressing for salads too!)

I use this to start and then tweak to my own tastes.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Ah, sorry. I should have stated that I make it myself. Although you could probably purchase something similar. All my vinaigrettes are about the same recipe too!

Juice from one lemon (or lime)
    1 tsp of agave nectar or honey
    zest from one lemon (or lime)
    salt
    pepper
    1 tsp olive oil
    Add any other herbs in about 1 tsp - 1 tbs quantities (ex. 1 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro) (1 tsp dry thyme w/ the lemon is a great dressing for salads too!)

I use this to start and then tweak to my own tastes.

THANK YOU!!!!