Cheap fitness clothes? help

Options
Livhere
Livhere Posts: 141 Member
Where are some places you go to get cheap fitness clothes or what sites do you use? I recently went to Target & Walmart the other night, but they didn't have anything in my size.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores. Goodwill.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Old Navy
    Target
    Ross
    Amazon (surprisingly)

Have all worked well for me.
  • Livhere
    Options
    That's okay. I'm sure I'll figure it out

They closed the only thrift store in town a few months ago. Not enough people were going to it. The goodwill here also closed their store about 2 years ago.
  • Livhere
    Options
    I will check Amazon out today! Thanks :)
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You should not skimp on workout clothes. you want to look your best at the gym.

For me, people are looking at my body not necessarily my clothes but for 99% of everyone else out there, they need the clothes to be the focus, not their body.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    My favorite ones are from Walmart.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    it would help to at least give a size or male/female. For men Ross and Marshalls is a great spot to find workout clothes, i am not a small guy as I wear XXL but there are 3x, 4x there. I have also gone to Dillards during their big clearances. Maybe offerup? Facebook market place?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Fabletics is pretty good.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Are there any true Outlet malls/stores in your area????
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores. Goodwill.

I was about to say this. Old tees and shorts are dirt cheap at Thrift stores. That's all you really need unless you want something different, but odds are you can find that too.
  • kimifarr
    kimifarr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx and Marshalls!!
  • Livhere
    Options
    I'm female, size Medium & Large in shirts & size Large in leggings. True size is 13 for jeans & shorts. There's an outlet mall here, but it's mostly stuff like Forever21 & Nike footwear with a few higher end brands for jewelry or clothes. They closed Aeropostale last year for remodeling so I haven't been back there since. They recently opened Ross here & I got a couple shirts from there, but everything else was too small for me. I might have to drive to the bigger cities for some of these places, but I'm going to check out the online stores first today for some of these places. Thanks for the replies!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Look in your closet. Do you have shorts and a t-shirt? Sweatpants?
  • Livhere
    Options
    I don't have any sweatpants & only have 2 pairs of shorts one of those pairs doesn't fit me anymore & they're denim. All my shirts are dress up blouses. I know I need to go shopping, but just don't really know where to go. We'll be in a bigger city this weekend when we go get groceries so I can check out the thrift stores there when we're there. ☺️
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Just remember there's nothing special about most workout clothes.

You can pay a fortune for moisture wicking and "features" but all you need to get started is something comfortable to wear.
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I second the 'vote' for TJ Maxx - and for JCPenney (they have Champion brand stuff that's pretty good).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I like Kohl’s leggings - if you hit a sale you can get good quality brands inexpensively. Online I’ve had good luck with zulily’s house brand Marika. Zulily also has good Gaiam sales, I’m wearing a yoga shirt right now that I got from zulily.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Try the men's section of Target - not only do they have cool band and super hero t-shirts for $10, but they are cut bigger in the shoulders and I find them more comfortable for workouts.

Shorts are hit or miss for me at Target - the yoga shorts or bike shorts tend to fit me better than the regular athletic shorts, but I generally have to try them on and sometimes go up a size, and sometimes they don't even have them...the running shorts never seem to fit me right.

Wall-mart might have compression shorts, which some women swear are more comfortable, but I have not tried those myself.
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Poshmark, if you already know what brands you like! A lot of times you can find items that still have the tags on at a bargain!