Digestion and metabolism

Any tips on how to fasten digestion/ metabolism

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    You can't. You don't lose weight through any sort of tricks. You lose it through eating less calories than your body normally uses in a day. In general, having a "slow metabolism" most of the time is a myth. That's not why people gain. It's from eating too much.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    This. IIRC, there's a ~1% variance in metabolism in most individuals who don't have some more extreme health issue.

Fast/Slow metabolism isn't really a thing, just like starvation mode isn't a thing.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Plus digestion and metabolism are not the same thing. Unless you have a medical condition such as gastroparesis there is no need or benefit to speed up digestion
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    From observation and research the biggest difference to your metabolism is your NEAT. I’ve seen people who are skinny and eat a lot and don’t exercise. I used to think they have a magic metabolism but they’re just always moving. They don’t sit still. Then I’ve seen other people who laze around all day (sit at work and at home) and just seem to gain weight. Or claim to have a ‘slow metabolism’. Even if you’re thyroid is sluggish, you would have a difference of 10%. So yeah, to answer your question, there’s no magical drink that will detox you and make you lose weight (been there, done that!).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    The most guaranteed way to increase actual metabolism is to gain a lot of weight, but I doubt that's what you want. The second best way, which will actually be helpful to you, is to learn how to log accurately. Once you get a food scale and understand how to pick accurate entries for both food and exercise, you will likely find out your that your metabolism is higher than you thought (if you think you have a low metabolism), it's just that under-estimating food and over-estimating exercise makes it look as if it's low.

You can increase the amount you can eat by moving more, either by exercising or simply by being more active throughout the day (or both).
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    megtheeggo wrote: »
    Any tips on how to fasten digestion/ metabolism

No. Sorry.