cheese on pizzas

Options
I hardly ever eat pizzas but when I do, because I don't like cheese, I order them without. How many calories do you reckon I save by not having cheese on an 11inch pizza?

Replies

• tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't have a clue but I work with a lady that does the same thing. I thought she was the only one! :wink:
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can go on Domino's website and the nutrition calculator will tell you how many calories you are eating. Here is the website.
    http://www.dominos.com/pages/calculator.jsp
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can go on Domino's website and the nutrition calculator will tell you how many calories you are eating. Here is the website.
    http://www.dominos.com/pages/calculator.jsp
    You know what, they have changed it so you can't take cheese off, sorry never mind
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    OH OH I ACTUALLY KNOW THIS ONE! I own(ed) a small pizza place and we had a cheeseless pizza...being in California we had to have our nutritional info available. an 8'' White out (cheeseless vegetarian) VS a Drag it through the garden (cheesey vegetarian) was about 350 cal difference. They had different veggies on them but Id assume they were about the same place with the only difference being the cheese.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love cheeseless pizza!! Yum!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza and built the recipe in MFP here. I use 2 cups of shredded mozzarella on a pizza that creates 8 slices (typically a 16 inch thin crust). The calories for all that cheese is 640 total, or 80 per slice. It's all relative to how many slices you have. You may want to build your own recipe in MFP to get the most accurate picture.
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't have a clue but I work with a lady that does the same thing. I thought she was the only one! :wink:

So did I but no one looked at me funny when I asked for it without, so there must be a secret army of us! hehe, I'm hoping i've saved more than 100 when the pizza is 1016 (eeep)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    1 ounce of mozzarella cheese is around 90 calories (assuming whole milk). On an 11" pizza you'd use 4-6 ozs, so you're saving for the whole pizza anywhere from 360-540 calories.

Hopefully you're not eating the whole pizza!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yay a fellow cheese hater!!!

MFP can help you delete an aspect of a meal to get a good estimate of calories saved.

Log your pizza from the appropriate manufacturer then add mozzarella cheese (my guess would be at least 1/4 cup) as -1 and then you'll have the appropriate calories/fat/nutrition removed from your totals.
  • hail87666
    Options
    I had a thin crust 11inch with sweet chilli chicken, mixed peppers, tomatoes, jalepenos, red onion, spinach and sweetcorn. Just don't know how to build that up in MFP food, cause surely quite a variation in pizza bases, and how much tomato puree is used?? Complicated! lol
  • hail87666
    Options
    I had a thin crust 11inch with sweet chilli chicken, mixed peppers, tomatoes, jalepenos, red onion, spinach and sweetcorn. Just don't know how to build that up in MFP food, cause surely quite a variation in pizza bases, and how much tomato puree is used?? Complicated! lol
  • hail87666
    Options
    1 ounce of mozzarella cheese is around 90 calories (assuming whole milk). On an 11" pizza you'd use 4-6 ozs, so you're saving for the whole pizza anywhere from 360-540 calories.

Hopefully you're not eating the whole pizza!

Yup, I ate all of it! I've been stuck camping in a muddy field for the past 4 days ....not really eaten very much. It was a treat
  • Midori_i
    Midori_i Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a great tip... And really useful for me, because I never liked cheese. Even back when I didn't care what I ate and just gorged down whatever tasted good, I didn't like the cheese. And people really do look at you like you're a freak when you order your pizza without cheese :p
  • hail87666
    Options
    I've avoided pizzas for years cause I really can't stand cheese (sometimes I've eaten the crusts that people have left haha). But I noticed at pizza hut you could request half the cheese so I asked for the least amount of cheese they could put on a pizza and the dude said 'so none then?' umm, yes please!! And it was gorgeous. The tomato paste stops it being dry. I substitute my cheese topping with spinach and extra onion. Yummy!

Omg how did I not know that you could have minus foods. Excellent tip! Thanks for that one. Saved myself 400 calories - woop!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    the only thing about doing a cheesless pizza here (nortwestern Ohio), is that most of the pizza places base done-ness on the cheese. Many times, we've ordered cheeseless veggie pizza and gotten raw/semi-done crust. On the other hand, we only have to pay for about every-other pizza! LOL
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Omg how did I not know that you could have minus foods. Excellent tip! Thanks for that one. Saved myself 400 calories - woop!

No problem! It's a great feature when ordering restaurant food if you like to sub/remove options like cheese, mayo, butter etc.
  • BecomingTheGoddess
    Options
    his site has Pizza Hut's entire nutritional value details for each separate orderable item... I am sure they have other companies too http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/pizza-hut/
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options

No problem! It's a great feature when ordering restaurant food if you like to sub/remove options like cheese, mayo, butter etc.
    How do you do this??
  • michiganweatherr
    Options
    It's always the best to find other cheese haters out in the world. I get a lot of negative looks and comments whenever I order no cheese or I say I don't like it.
  • las148
    las148 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea! I'm lactose intolerant, so when I have pizza, I need to drug up before chowing down. I think it would be much nicer knowing there isn't cheese on it in the first place. Plus, cheese is greasy anyway. Not my favourite food whatsoever.