35+ Women-Transform Into Your Best Self

This is a community of women supporting women through health & fitness.

Replies

• Maryk19802017
    Maryk19802017 Posts: 2 Member
    “Do one thing every day that scares you.” ...
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    YEAH! Eat good, real foods - keep moving! :D
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    I also started eating better and exercising around 35. I'm so happy that I did. I was in the best shape of my life when I got married and proceeded to have two back to back pregnancies. Glorious, both of them!
    I'm now signing up for my first 1/2 marathon in November! Move move move and let your kids see how healthy you are. Nothing like a good example!
  • theskyereport3
    theskyereport3 Posts: 7 Member
    That is so great to hear!! I was a personal trainer and a model 20 years ago. I opened my own promotional modeling agency because I was short and Top Model didn't exist yet. I will be 49 years old on the 15th of this month...yay!!! This time around I plan on loosing all the excess weight which is 103 pounds. I have lost 15 pounds so far and the overall transformation should take at least a year at a rate of 2 pounds a week. I plan on celebrating by doing several walk a thons and eventually a marathon. Because of my fitness background I am intersted in doing some figure modeling competions when I hit my desired weight. Why do all this work not to show it off. I know that we can both reach our desired goals. I am so proud and truly inspired by you...keep reaching for the stars...blessings!!!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I'm currently 42, and I'm in BY FAR the best shape I have ever been in my life. Largely because the entire rest of my life, I was morbidly obese.

I've got dodgy ankles and a dodgy shoulder, but I work around them (lately, with the aid of a physio). I also have shoulder definition to die for (if you'd offered me these collarbones ten years ago, I would have gone for that deal) and thighs that could crack walnuts if, err, they weren't entirely the wrong shape, and I tend to drop things through the gap instead. Sadly I have too much loose skin to see any abs but I promise you they're there :)

This is the best time of my life. It's never too late!