Looking Good VS. Fattening, Delicious Food

Options
SAPO_TX
SAPO_TX Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2019 in Getting Started
I have 80lbs of too much weight, a sedentary job, an insatiable appetite, and bad knees. The only thing I don't have is more excuses.

Looking for fellow fatties that have the same struggle, not into fad diet b.s., and believe in hard work. Please send friend invite.

P.S. - I am not into sugar coating.

Replies

• SAPO_TX
    Options
    I only eat non delicious food if something has gone horribly wrong.

Try playing around with your macros to see if it helps your appetite. There is also a group of volumetric eaters here.

Non Delicious = not wings, pizza, tacos, or ice cream.

But yes, I understand. Never heard of volumetric... Need to Google that.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I find not sugar coating things refreshing. 😉

I had 2 eggs over easy on avocado toast for breakfast and scallops dripping in butter and lemon along with sugar snap peas and sweet potato fries for lunch. Delicious!

Buy a food scale if you don't have one.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Mmhm. I had to completely cut fast food, snacks and soda for about a month and a half when I started, so I get it.

I eat fast food now on a pretty regular basis, but less often than before. I had to break the hold it had on me before I could do that with controls.

It's hard, honestly, but it does get a bit easier over time.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm became a believer that healthy lower calorie foods can be delicious.

I can make things that are very low calorie, even vegetarian dishes so delicious, proclaimed carnivores fight over the left overs.

Low calorie foods do not have to be bland and boring.

Controlling appetite and portion control come with practice, learning to eat when hungry, not out of boredom, habit, or stress.

A good start can be making small changes, along with tracking and logging calories.

Good luck on here!

• SAPO_TX
    Options
    Tha ls for tips all, I've been here before and lost 100. Right now it's a mentality that I need to get rid of my bad habits. So I'm trying to eat clean, stay away from processed foods and those other meals that I tend to indulge and are never filling enough. A slize of pizza leads to a beer leads to some wings whxih leads to ice cream and just not a good thing for me at the current moment. But at some point I'll be back to IIFYM and will eat whatever I wish within my goals. But first, getting those good habits established. I appreciate everyone's input!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    SAPO_TX wrote: »
    I only eat non delicious food if something has gone horribly wrong.

Try playing around with your macros to see if it helps your appetite. There is also a group of volumetric eaters here.

Non Delicious = not wings, pizza, tacos, or ice cream.

But yes, I understand. Never heard of volumetric... Need to Google that.

All of those things can fit into a weightloss plan. Perhaps not in the same quantities as the weight gain plan, but definitely there.

As a diabetic, I eat fairly low carb, so tacos are a rarity. However, lettuce wraps al pastor are just as good as the original. Perhaps moreso, since if I make it at home, I can add more pineapple! And fish tacos are a fabulous option, especially when grilled (so that you actually taste the fish!).

Buffalo wings would actually fit quite well with my plan, especially with lots of celery and carrots.

I will be having pizza this evening, but I will fill up on salad and perhaps a higher protein side, rather than trying to fill up on the pizza itself.

Moreover, I find other, new delicious things that I can eat regularly and that I haven't already built a bad relationship with. I love falafel with veggies and avocado. We eat lamb regularly because we find it yummy. Roasted veggies. I make a base of ground turkey, onions, garlic and cabbage that I then flavor according to whatever cuisine I want that day. Keto followers call this "crack slaw," and those recipes tend to use Chinese cuisine as the base for the flavor profile, but mine are usually taco or curry spiced.