Help me deciding on activity level

Options
I am not sure between choosing not very active versus lightly active. I have a desk job so during the week , I sit Atleast for 6 hours and minimum 20 mins of workout + house chores in the evening. Any thoughts?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your workout isn't part of your activity setting, it's accounted for by logging your exercise separately after the event so those calories get added to your daily base calorie goal which are only for a day you don't exercise.

If your only movement during the day is 20 mins of chores you are sedentary.

A better option would be to make serious efforts to incorporate more movement into your day and become at least lightly active.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if you walk to work, take any stairs available and things like that even parking on the other side of the carpark or getting off the bus a stop earlier can help and take only a minute or few, possibly hidden things which are part of your "normal day", specific to the way "you" live can alter your activity level. I would find it really difficult to sit solidly for 6 hours with no moving at all. I would probably tend to slouch, do you walk to a printer from time to time or more frequently, how one approaches ones own chores can make a difference, with apathy or gusto which would see you completing more than someone less inspired. This is probably not much help.

If one has more weight to loose, over a couple of stone, setting to loose 2 lb or the equivalent is fine. Less then 1 lb or even 1/2 is more appropriate. I like the guided set up at least for starters. How do you feel your calorie allowance works for you now, may be you have not got it sorted, so I apologise for asking, feeling hungry can work two ways, you are used to eating too much or you are not achieving enough. You will work it out.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I would start out choosing lightly active and if not losing .5-2 lbs a week could always drop calories a little in the future.

Goals on here are always change.
  • rajikaurbajna
    rajikaurbajna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I'm wondering if you walk to work, take any stairs available and things like that even parking on the other side of the carpark or getting off the bus a stop earlier can help and take only a minute or few, possibly hidden things which are part of your "normal day", specific to the way "you" live can alter your activity level. I would find it really difficult to sit solidly for 6 hours with no moving at all. I would probably tend to slouch, do you walk to a printer from time to time or more frequently, how one approaches ones own chores can make a difference, with apathy or gusto which would see you completing more than someone less inspired. This is probably not much help.

If one has more weight to loose, over a couple of stone, setting to loose 2 lb or the equivalent is fine. Less then 1 lb or even 1/2 is more appropriate. I like the guided set up at least for starters. How do you feel your calorie allowance works for you now, may be you have not got it sorted, so I apologise for asking, feeling hungry can work two ways, you are used to eating too much or you are not achieving enough. You will work it out.

Thanks for the insight. I do work from home and my office is upstairs so I do come up and down..in the evening I cook food and almost walking behind my 2 and 5 year old . I lost more weight when my goal was 1200 Cals but then I setup lightly active and it made my Cals goal around 1450 and I was eating 1350 ... so needed up gaining 2 lbs rather loosing any..