stretch marks!

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Is there any creams out there that help reduce the appearance of stretch marks?

Replies

• shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Try cocoa-butter - has the advantage that u can smell the chocolate without having to eat it lol :-D
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    stretch marks are tears in the underlayers of the skin, that is why they never go away, just lighten. regular lotion everyday helps.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Cocoa butter definitely!
  • hannahgray
    hannahgray Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    marykay sells a product called "visibly fit body lotion" that helps reduce the aperence of stretch marks...I sell mary kay and have had two kids I baught it to see it it really works and it does...I'v only been using it for about 4 weeks and you can barely see the one's on my arms...and stomach..you should check it out :)
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Butter doesn't do much once you already have them. I had twins and my stomach looks like a tiger attacked it. I used cocoa butter my whole pregnancy but it didn't help. Once you get them, using a firming lotion can help them lighten up a bit but there isn't any quick fix, unfortunately. I've heard good things about bio oil and Avon's clinical cream, but haven't tried either yet. I use lotion daily and they have lightened up a lot.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    my stretch marks are my road maps of my love to my kids. :love:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    my stretch marks are my road maps of my love to my kids. :love:

If only I had kids so I could use this... :/
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    p.s. is it possible to gain stretch marks from losing weight?
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    oh man do I have stretch marks....those awful things are what push me back 30 steps every 5 I make on the confidence level.

I have heard cocoa butter helps, but someone once told me that when you get to your goal weight the stretch marks won't matter because you're healthy.

I feel like mine are getting bigger too?!?!?
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I used Avons Clinical strech mark remover cream and saw huge differences!!! I have no kids either so no excuse....mine are on my thighs...ugh
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!!!! My stretch marks don't upset me at all. I got them doing the most amazing thing anyone could be blessed to do. Carrying my babies.
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have also heard of using extra virgin olive oil, due to all the viatiams in it. My current body lotion has olive oil in it and my skin feels great. Also, drink more water since this keeps your skin hydre and less chances of getting stretch marks. The normal 8 glasses of water is not enough for some people. Try drink at least 10+.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Mederma lotion - used to be by persription only but is now available OTC
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Drink heaps of water, and slap on that cocoa butter :) its worked wounders for me.
  • shandibrooke
    Options
    no, but the will become more visible and darker because they arent streched as big anymore. make sense? hope this helps. :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It depends... Are they still red and fresh? or white and old??
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    no, but the will become more visible and darker because they arent streched as big anymore. make sense? hope this helps. :)

Didn't even think of that lol I feel really dumb. mine are red though so hopefully some cocoa butter will make them fade!
  • Faerietales
    Options
    I have heard an old wives tale - and a friend of mine has used it and it worked for her - but it takes time to draw into your skin!
    Proper Natural Olive Oil. Not the stuff bought at a chemist, the proper thing....
    Give it a try, can't do any harm :-)

Stretch marks are like cellulite, all woman have them, no matter how thin and fit you are!
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    p.s. is it possible to gain stretch marks from losing weight?

I don't think so, they just show up more because the skin isn't as stretched. I thought I had escaped my 2nd pregnancy with no new stretch marks, to only discover after the baby was born, that there were many more. They do lighten and fade, but always there. I've just accepted it. Even men have stretch marks from normal growing, especially if they experienced rapid growth.
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There are so many different treatments one could try on the market. Different ones work for different bodies and some only lighten the wallet. In my opinion its best to just get over the fact you have them at all. They are just battle scars from whatever you have been through in your life. The only excuse you need to have them is life.