Hi gotta question

Options
Hi. I'm not new, but I haven't been around in a bit.

I have a question. I tried to add something into my food diary but couldn't because the food that was in the database was a little different than what I ate. The label on the container is driving me nuts! Lol.:grumble:

Instant Vanilla Royal Pudding & Pie Filling
Net WT: 1.5 oz

Nutrition Facts:
Serving size dry mix 1/2 cup (note: dry mix-I used dry mix only)
Servings per container: 4 (however that's AFTER you add fluid, they say milk)
Dry mix Calories: 40

What I ate:
Optifast Vanilla mix=160 cal.
1 box DRY pudding mix.
4 oz water
Mixed

TADA...pudding.

It tasted TOO good. I must have done something wrong.

How many calories are in the pudding with 4 oz water? There's only 1/2 a cup of pudding mix dry. I'm really confused.

HELP....:sick:

Thanks,

Kathy

41101.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi. I'm not new, but I haven't been around in a bit.

I have a question. I tried to add something into my food diary but couldn't because the food that was in the database was a little different than what I ate. The label on the container is driving me nuts! Lol.:grumble:

Instant Vanilla Royal Pudding & Pie Filling
    Net WT: 1.5 oz

Nutrition Facts:
    Serving size dry mix 1/2 cup (note: dry mix-I used dry mix only)
    Servings per container: 4 (however that's AFTER you add fluid, they say milk)
    Dry mix Calories: 40

What I ate:
    Optifast Vanilla mix=160 cal.
    1 box DRY pudding mix.
    4 oz water
    Mixed

TADA...pudding.

It tasted TOO good. I must have done something wrong.

How many calories are in the pudding with 4 oz water? There's only 1/2 a cup of pudding mix dry. I'm really confused.

HELP....:sick:

Thanks,

Kathy

41101.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I'm not really getting your description. Was the 1/2 cup of mix the whole box or 1/4 of the box? If it was the whole box, it would have been 40 calories X 4. If it was 1/4 of the box, it would have only been the 40 calories. I think anyways, from your description....

Then you add that to the vanilla mix stuff (what is that anyways)... could be only 200 calories, or could be 320....

Don't know if this helps you, or if I confused you more than before... I tried though :laugh:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What I ate:
    Optifast Vanilla mix (160 cal. )
    1 box DRY pudding mix. (Still 4 servings, so 120 calories.)
    4 oz water (no calories)

Did you split this into 4 servings? Or eat the whole thing? I come up with 280 calories for the whole lot of it, 70 if you ate a quarter of it.

If it was me, I'd have just made the pudding and skipped the Optifast at that rate! :laugh:
  • jaxkipi
    Options
    I'm not really getting your description. Was the 1/2 cup of mix the whole box or 1/4 of the box? If it was the whole box, it would have been 40 calories X 4. If it was 1/4 of the box, it would have only been the 40 calories. I think anyways, from your description....

Then you add that to the vanilla mix stuff (what is that anyways)... could be only 200 calories, or could be 320....

Don't know if this helps you, or if I confused you more than before... I tried though :laugh:

Yeah see, it's weird. I wrote exactly what the box said. I think it means 1/2 cup dry mix which is in the box = 40 cals. When added to milk= 100 cal for 1/2 cup but the box makes 2 total cups once mixed with milk. It's very confusing. I called my sister and she thought what you did the 1st time around. It was only 40 calories. I'll know the real deal when I get to my support class on Tuesday! I'm almost afraid to know because it was Soooooooooooooooooo good! LOL!
  • jaxkipi
    Options
    What I ate:
    Optifast Vanilla mix (160 cal. )
    1 box DRY pudding mix. (Still 4 servings, so 120 calories.)
    4 oz water (no calories)

Did you split this into 4 servings? Or eat the whole thing? I come up with 280 calories for the whole lot of it, 70 if you ate a quarter of it.

If it was me, I'd have just made the pudding and skipped the Optifast at that rate! :laugh:

:laugh: I second that!!!
  • dominiquej
    Options
    I also saw a recipe using Dream Whip, but I think using the pudding is lower in calories.

Snacks: OPTIFAST Dream Mousse
    Chocolate or strawberry flavor, this treat is easy to make, and it stores for up to 3 days.

•Nutritional Information:
    •Calories: 60
    •Protein: 1.7g
    •Carbohydrates: 10.5g
    •Fat: 37g
    •Sodium: 27.5mg
    •1 package Dream Whip® whipped topping mix*
    •½ cup OPTIFAST® 800 Ready to Drink (RTD) - or (use the powder mixed with water) Chocolate or Strawberry

Directions: Prepare according to directions on Dream Whip package, using OPTIFAST 800 RTD in place of milk. Once prepared, divide among four dessert dishes and chill until ready to serve. Cover any leftover servings and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.

Makes 4 Servings