Best affordable digital scale?

Options
A couple days ago, my scale took a turn for the worst and every time I stand on it I get an error message. I obviously need to get another to keep track of my journey. Does anyone have one to recommend? I'm looking for one thats very reliable. I hated stepping on the scale and getting 3 different numbers within 30 seconds. I also don't really want to spend more than $50. Any ideas?

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I just bought a scale from Walmart, Health o Meter or something like that for $18.00. Same number every single time I get on it.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just saw one at target for$48.00, measures bf%, lbs
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've had this one for about 2 months:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MK6QKO

Very pleased... no problems.
  • franklinsmom
    franklinsmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bed, Bath and Beyond sells the digital Weight watchers scale, which is probably the nicest digital scale I've used.
  • ToddFo
    ToddFo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Taylor glass scale from Walmart for $30, and they shipped it for free. I can get on it three times in a row and get the same three readings.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers scale from Target. $15 bucks and reliable as hell!
  • runpiggyrun
    Options
    Im in the UK but I have the weight watchers ones and they are fab:)
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I have a Health-o-meter I got from Walmart for around $30. It's been awesome. I've had it for a while. It measures body fat, water weight, bone, and bmi (weight/height based). I love it!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers. I had it for years and it's perfect! It keeps in memory profiles, like age, height, gender. Then it measures your weight, body fat%, BMI, water, bone mass. Here it is: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_09680117000P?i_cntr=1314639352159
    ...and in 4 years, I never changed the battery.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE

I just recently bought it and it's VERY accurate!!! TOTALLY WORTH IT!!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I got a WW digital scale at CVS when it had an extrabucks deal on it. I paid 29.99 and got 15.00 back (and I used extrabucks to pay for it, so it ended up closer to breaking even on it). I love mine. I've had it for a couple years now, and it's still kickin' and stays very close to what the doctor's scale registers.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303128064&sr=8-1

A wonderful scale!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    go to Ross we frequently mark down items ask where the house ware clearance isle is and the might be some marked down to 9 bucks
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    NOT the Taylor 9856 model. Mine caught on fire and the company told me this morning that it's faulty if the battery isn't in right. She said it's a bad design. <LOL>
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this because I started getting an error message on my scale this morning too! It did this once before, and it needed new batteries. I just changed them like 4 months ago, though, and it definitely shouldn't need batteries again already!
  • Jendegeorge
    Options
    Do you have the same brand? If so, call the manufacturer. I don't get why if they KNOW it's a bad design they don't just change it. Oh wait...MONEY! <lmbo>
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303128064&sr=8-1

A wonderful scale!

THIS, best customer service of a company as well. EatSmart has amazing customer service. My scale was off by .2 pounds per the tests and they sent me a whole another scale FAST and was super awesome about it all. I am going to buy their kitchen scale now as well. They are just top notch!
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Was just coming to ask the same thing! Mine at home is wacky and the one at the gym has started playing up too. I might check out a weight watchers one, they sell them at target here!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I just bought a scale from Walmart, Health o Meter or something like that for $18.00. Same number every single time I get on it.

But how do you know if you have lost weight?....:huh:
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale at Walmart for about $20. It weighs about 1 pound heavier than the scale at the gym, but is always a pound heavier so it's pretty reliable.

God bless!