Scared of failing

Options
Hi guys, I am looking for support, I want to loose about 40 kilos ( think it’s 100 pounds ) and I feel like it isn’t possible and I feel alone in this . So maybe the community thing will help :)

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I scroll through the success stories and the before and afters, and think, "If they can do it, so can I."

It helps me find the courage to go for it!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻

Prior to losing just over 44lbs (I have another 6lbs to go) I thought I couldn’t do it. I just thought I couldn’t lose weight. I thought about how difficult it was going to be, how I didn’t know what I was doing etc. My starting weight put me into the obese category of the BMI chart and as harsh as it sounds, I said to myself one day “I don’t want to be fat anymore”. So from then on, I began making small changes like cutting out my daily full sugar drinks, eliminating takeaway food from my diet, no longer eating fried foods etc. The best thing I done was buying a food scale. Weighing my food made me realise I had been eating portion sizes for 2-3 people. I’d say start by making small changes and I’d recommend you buy a food scale if you don’t already have one. Set yourself mini goals. I’ve learned that weight loss is a slow process and I’ve accepted that I won’t get to my desired weight overnight.

MFP community has helped me a lot. You will find support and encouragement here. You’ve took the first step, so well done ☺️
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    It's going to take a while, but you can do it. Maybe think of it in 5kg increments, that's around 1-2 months and repeat.
  • PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    See it as a journey similar to getting a college degree. Accept that you will have frustrations and failures and fall off the wagon - and that's OK. have a mental strategy for when this does happen and you see it as a temporary blip but not a complete failure.

Think of the journey and progress a bit like a stock chart trending up, it won't be a straight line, it will have sideways and even downward moves but the overall trend will be up as long as you are consistent.

Think of it as an overall investment in yourself, you will not just achieve a better body but you will develop mental and emotional toughness, resilience and the ability to set a goal, see it through and weather the storms.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • dinkydaisylulu
    dinkydaisylulu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think making it smaller in my head will help and not think about the overwhelming amount I have to loose so good point . And it is an investment your right, and my health is so important to be around for the kids and hubby. So if I have a bad day I will just pick it up the next day and not give up. And the success stories are amazing ! Hopefully will be on there too one day :) xx
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,395 Member
    Options
    You can do it , add friends and that helps motivate you too. Remember it's a roller coaster journey but hang on in there and you will see results in the end, stay positive .