Today, I feel like having beers...

Do you ever have those days when you chuck the diet out the window and say 'Today is one of those days that I need several beers'? Don't want to get drunk, just a few beers.

It's not necessarily depression or a party, just need to relax and have a few cold ones...

I dunno, just where I am today

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Completely get what your saying. And I do it every now and then. And it's so worth.

Cept I'm not a beer drinker so it's wine for me. Lol
  • _Miss_Chievous
    _Miss_Chievous Posts: 601 Member
    I really don't see a problem with that. What kind of beer are you having?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    So have them. This isn't some kind of deprivation diet. This is real life. Drink your beer and log them.
  • ShowProgress521
    ShowProgress521 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm drinking Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale... I like dark, fuller body beers, ales, Porters and stout. How about you, Miss Chievous?

What kind of wine, mmultanen?

What's everyone else drinking?
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Do you ever have those days when you chuck the diet out the window and say 'Today is one of those days that I need several beers'? Don't want to get drunk, just a few beers.

It's not necessarily depression or a party, just need to relax and have a few cold ones...

So, why not have a beer or 2 that fits into your calories?

I drink Bud Select 55 when I am in the mood for a cold one. Only 55 calories a bottle.
  • ShowProgress521
    LyndaBSS - I do... the trick is to not have too many days like this! 😉
  • mmultanen
    edited September 2019
    @ShowProgress521 I've been to that distellery and sampled that beer! It's great!

I'm a dry wine drinker. Do not like sweet. So in the summer I like a Sav Blanc and when it's not a hundred out I'm happy with a red a good Malbec or a pinot noir isn't ever turned down.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Pretty normal impulse in my world. Just do it, enjoy it and go back to your regular routine tomorrow. Cheers!

Agreed on the dark ales, @ShowProgress521, but I like most types of beer. Usually change it up from one glass to the next. For wine, I like 'em dry - I prefer Malbec if it's on the list.

And lately I've been on this rye whiskey kick - Bulleit, Knob Creek or Wild Turkey Rye - neat or on the rocks.

• ShowProgress521
    @mmultanen I need to go to that one! The Bourbon Trail starting me drinking bourbon... never did until I visited Maker's Mark, Heaven Hills and others.

I like dry too but I'm a red wine fan. I like cabernet sauvignon, merlot and occassionally chianti. A chilled dry chardonnay with some dry cheese is good too.
  • ShowProgress521
    @alteredsteve175 lately, I've been partial to Buffalo Trace

God, I sound like an alcoholic here... honest, I don't drink that much anymore! 😬
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

I feel like this daily
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    @alteredsteve175 lately, I've been partial to Buffalo Trace

God, I sound like an alcoholic here... honest, I don't drink that much anymore! 😬

Heard that. HAHA! o:)

That Buffalo Trace is good, too. I ran across the Wild Turkey Rye in a local liquor store. The 80 proof is very smooth and you can have a second one if desired. Worth a try for those that like rye.

And there are so many choices nowadays in beer and booze! No way anyone can try them all.
  • mmultanen
    @ShowProgress521 I am not a giant fan of bourbon but I do some work in Kentucky so I visited a few places and learned a ton. It was really cool and I did learn I love Makers 46. Lol
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yup. Not so much beers per se, but a gin and tonic or two or a couple of martinis or some wine. So I do. The way I look at it - it's better than gobbling down a bag of chips or a box of cookies or whatever. At least I hope it is - LOL....
  • ShowProgress521
    @mmultanen I agree on Makers 46. Have you tried Angel's Envy or Buffalo Trace? Both are smoother bourbons than most IMHO. I'm in Indianapolis but go to Louisville for business so I sample the wares of Kentucky's finest industry.

@CoffeeAndContour good advice!
  • ShowProgress521
    @cbstewart88 here here! LOL
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Its cool. Sometimes taking care of ourselves is eating clean and going for a run and other times it’s having a beer and relaxing. You know what you need.

^^^ I love this!!!!
  • mmultanen
    @mmultanen I agree on Makers 46. Have you tried Angel's Envy or Buffalo Trace? Both are smoother bourbons than most IMHO. I'm in Indianapolis but go to Louisville for business so I sample the wares of Kentucky's finest industry.

@CoffeeAndContour good advice!

I have tried Buffalo Trace! It didn't make me cry! Lol
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    .... two wines and 4 oz of egg nog so far. Does that count?

I mean, I have Kirin in my fridge, but I save for special meals (I love Kirin).