104 days in, stress is impacting my daily calories

Options
Hey everyone, I've been doing great so far 104 days...really keeping the cals and macros in check. This is such a great shift for me in eating healthy, bringing awareness to my eating, actually cooking and in trying to lose some weight. All while using a wheelchair full time, too. And it's happening, I can feel and see the difference!

Lately I've noticed I'm not feeling 'full' as I get through with meals, which are the same as they've been for 3 months. I'm in a period of stress, more so than usual, and wondered if any of you have also gone thru the stressful, not feeling full, 'needing more calories' thing? I don't want to blow the progress I've made but I also can't have a nagging feeling of hunger happening all the time--especially now. Plus you know this--it dangles that 'sugar high empty calorie emotional eating' in front of you--too.

I am definite on the 1200 cals. Sitting in a wheelchair, this is the only way I've found I can lose weight slowly, as I don't burn much and exercise. Limited calories is it, and I try to eat veggies for bulk, high quality protein, little carbs, low sugars, and do my nuts and fruit thing too.

Mainly interested in how you all have dealt with stress as it relates to hunger and daily maintenance goals? Thanks!!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    After 104 days now may be the ideal time to eat at maintenance for a week or 2.

A planned break*, counting still, but eating at maintenance can help with hormone levels and compliance.

Another alternate is to change your rate of loss. You say you are on 1200 and losing slowly, if you are losing faster than 0.5lbs a week, switch to 0.5 until the stress passes, or even permenantly.

*Do a search for the diet break thread. There is lots of info there.

Cheers, h.
  • bosque1234
    bosque1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much, I just went in and fiddled with my goals and settings.