Simplified this whole process for counting and diet with startling results

Options
gregc50
gregc50 Posts: 47 Member
It is a pain to use an app to track calories. But it taught me how to accurately measure calories and where secret calories get into my daily diet. Without a doubt the app makes it easy. But even easier is doing it not at all.

First round I was aggressive 1600 calories + whatever exercise in calories, a large deficiency. Certainly I lost the weight, but I couldn't keep it going and gained it all back + MORE.

This time I went with 2000 calories, around 85% of my basic need, no more though I only do a light 30 min walk per day.

I split my calories into 3 meals, 500 calorie breakfast (10am or so), 500 calorie lunch (2pm or so), and a 1000 calorie dinner.

Then I made my meals as simple as possible, one or two ingredients e.g.
- 6 eggs or just bran flakes and milk for breakfast
- 2 slices bread + ham or cottage cheese and leafy greens for lunch
- meat such as steak or pork tenderloin or chicken breast 700 calories for dinner then the balance in whatever (mixed veg, baked fries).

With all this I lost 6 pounds in the first week! and just kept shedding weight from there on, every day.

What made this good was that I was not overly hungry every day, if I got a little hungry I would have a piece of fruit or two.

The calories were far more accurate but easy to calculate. I do use a kitchen scale, so I would grab two slices of bread (170) and then figure out the balance in peanut butter for example and that was it. Sure the food was blander but I think easier to process through my system, more back to cave man basics.

Replies

• gregc50
    gregc50 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mpressed you can do it in your head
    Thats because I split it into 1/4, 1/4 and final meal 1/2 of the daily calories, so I never forget where I am at and don't snack in between meals. [/quote]

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Good for you to have lost weight. I would encourage you to think about the long term though. Is it a plan you can sustain once you have met your weight loss goal?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!