Stay on Track To Go Bag

Options
I just made a couple of these bags up ready for the next crazy day I have that does not allow me time to plan. Last week I had two days of unexpected runs to the doctor with a sick kid and carrying items people left at home to them, etc. On those two days I made a few bad choices as usual due to stress and being out and about. Not long ago I unexpectantly had to run to the mall and while there got famished. At the checkout, I had resorted to knowing I would have to buy something at the food court to keep going. While getting a money together, I found a South Beach bar in my purse that saved me and I made it home. This bag is for days like these to grab and go to keep me on track. I just thought I would share my idea and copy and paste the sheet I made up to go in the bags for a quick glance at my choices. This could easily get me through two meals and three snacks. Believe it or not, the soup is mainly in there to remind me of what I can eat when I get home if I am in too chaotic a mode to think. I also figure it could come in handy on a strange circumstance of dropping by somewhere that has a way to cook it. Any other ideas are welcome!!!

I am watching my carbs and calories. I get 3 different fruits a day plus 70 to 90 net carbs) Net carbs is carbs minus fiber.

Kim’s Stay on Track To Go Bag

Calories Net Carbs Protien
Mandarin oranges 70
Cashews 320 15 10
1 oz Cocoa almonds 150 3 6
Wheat Puffs 60 11 3
String cheese 80 1 6
South Beach bar 140 14 8
Kelloggs pb meal bar 180 20 10
Sunflower seeds 160 2 6
Progresso lt. beef pot r 160 16 (whole can) 14

I put all this in a bag except the string cheese and additional fruit. I put a post it on the outside of the bag saying "Get fruit, Get Cheese stick, Get water"

The wheat puffs and almonds are measured in baggies ready to go. The wheat puffs are a filler to kill my hunger. They are not very tasty but not bad at all. I used to eat sugar puffs cereal when little and I was surprised how similiar it tastes without all the sugar.

Hope this helps someone. :-)

Replies

• myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think this is a REALLY GREAT idea. At this time of year, we are all so busy going and doing. New school year is starting, football practice, music lessons, homework, shopping, doctors appointment...fill in the blank. We are all on the go. You're right...when we do get so busy and have to rush out at the last moment or we're caught staying out late, it's great to not have to think about what to do. Instead, just grab a to go bag. Great post!
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing. I tend to cheat when unprepared for the day also, your idea will come in handy. :bigsmile:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Very good idea!! I did so well when I had pre-planned meals and snacks ready. This is a great plan! Thanks
  • apiles
    apiles Posts: 4
    Options
    I took a lunch bag with me to the football game on Friday night with my tuna on the go, plum, cheese stick or cashews and steamed yellow zucinnie . If you steam them for about two minutes season with salt and pepper and put in with the cold pack they are like eating cold chips. not bad at all, especially with a cup only being 18 calories Both sons play football so there will be a lot of packing bags to go.
  • walkingshoes
    walkingshoes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll have to try your idea.
    Kim
  • ajburroughs
    ajburroughs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea. That happens to me a lot too, especially when I have to make sure I'm back to get the kids from school.