ANYONE EVER FEEL THIS WAY?

Options
Does anyone ever try to talk yourself out of exercising just because you don't want to get all sweaty? I am feeling this way today and I hope that goes away by the time I get home :frown:

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sweat is LIQUID AWESOME! Think how good a nice cool shower after a good workout will feel... and you'll sleep great, too!!!

Go get 'em!!!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing that right this minute, but I'm going to buck it up and get on my elliptical anyway because I know I'll feel better for it.... :flowerforyou:
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    " sweat is your fat crying " ;)
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel like that on the days when it is crazy hot outside, but the sweat is a great reminder of how hard you're pushing yourself and how great you'll feel when you hit your goal. :smile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sweat is lame leaving the body.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    "Running releases more then sweat"
    -Asics
  • jackieb79
    Options
    sweat doesn't bother me (and I sweat a lot), but exercising in the heat does - I start to feel overheated and uncomfortable. Drinking extra water helps.
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    Feel that way about everyday but you just have to make your self do it.
  • robynroo
    robynroo Posts: 11
    Options
    the sweat doesn't bother me. its the getting out of bed or stop what i'm doing thing, thats stops me from exercising.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    What will you regret more tomorrow? Working out or not working out?

I know that tomorrow I would regret not working out unless I was really sick or something so I always do it!
  • csloan30
    csloan30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel that way to sometimes. It just seems like sooo much more work cause you are sweaty and nasty and then you have to shower so that takes up even more of your day and time. I generally go ahead and try to get it over with as soon as I can, which is for me as soon as I get home from work, occasionally I will take a day off if we are doing a bunch of things in the evening, but I never take off two days in a row or else I will let myself get out of my routine and lose motivation. But DONT WORRY...everyone feels that way sometimes....just gotta push through or give yourself one day off.

Candice
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love to sweat!!!! And, I do it really well, too!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I love sweating when I workout...when I don't have anywhere to be after! I'm SO OCD, and the whole process of showering is such a pain (tho I love being clean, don't get me wrong!) that I don't like to do it more than once a day if not necessary. Most times I like to workout at night so I can just wash up with a washcloth and get in my pjs and go to bed after.

So it's not the sweat that bothers me, it's the fussiness of having to shower again in the middle of the day or something.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I get this way a lot since I have the tendency to have dry skin and hair. Exercising daily = showering daily = dryer skin and hair. I use the lotions and conditioners, etc. etc, but I still dry out. Before starting MFP I learned that showering every other day was much nicer to my skin and hair and I could just wash over the sink to freshen up on days I didn't shower. I know you don't have to wash your hair everytime you shower, but who wants to just rinse it after you've been all sweaty?
    I totally get it! Still, I guess it's worth it to strengthen your heart, lower cholesterol, lower risk of diabetes, stroke, heart attack, etc., and melt off the pounds!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    When I miss a morning workout and have to do it in the evening I try to talk myself out of it...every single time lol just becasue I hate getting sweaty! But I just do it and feel better for doing so afterwards :)
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    ive felt that way but it's usually that i don't wanna sweat out my hair that took me forever to straighten out the night before but I have to suck it up. I'll regret not going and then that one day of not going turns into another day with another excuse so you/we gotta start making exercising a daily routine. when I workout though I prefer to work up a good amount of sweat cuz if I don't than it doesn't feel like I did a good job.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I get what all of you are saying...I grumble to myself right up to the workout some days but feel so much better after I do it :happy:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    What will you regret more tomorrow? Working out or not working out?

I know that tomorrow I would regret not working out unless I was really sick or something so I always do it!

I didn't feel like getting on the elliptical on my lunch hour, today; I did not have an excuse not too..I ended up getting on it, and working out for 25 minutes, enough to have sweat dripping down my face. I never liked to sweat before, but now that I am seeing an improvement...I think I am becoming addicted to sweat.

"Do It, with No Regrets Tomorrow!" :flowerforyou:
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I live in Arizona where it's been 110-plus for the last month. I sweat whether I work out or not! LOL

I know what you mean though. I'm sure others have said this, but try to remember how AWESOME you feel after your workouts. That's why I try to focus on if I'm feeling undermotivated. I've also discovered that working out NO MATTER WHAT at the same time every day helps me. I get all ready for my workout, walk/bike my kids to school and leave from there. That way there's nothing to disctract me from my workout. Then I'm home with enough time to accomplish other things before they get home. It has made a humongous difference for me!

Good luck to you and JUST DO IT!! And then take a long hot bath afterwards to get rid of all that sweat :)
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh, and PS. To all the ladies out there who don't want to have to wash their hair after a workout. Try DRY SHAMPOO! I discovered this a few months ago and oh.my.goodness it has revolutionized my getting ready after a workout. I've tried lots of different kinds -- not all are equal, and investing a few dollars more has generally been worth it. Just my humble opinion :)