Slendertone Belt - average cals

Options
2»

Replies

• gmars9999
    gmars9999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They call me George the Genius. You are about to see why. This is the most accurate and complete post on the Slendertone on the net. So I had back surgery 3 years ago. Hadn't been able to do a sit-up in 5 years. I bought the belt. After nine days....I was at 2-40 min sessions at full power. I tried doing sit-ups. Guess what? 3 sets of 10 in perfect form as easy as typing. So obviously it will build strength. The thing you must consider is that our brain sends an impulse to the muscle. No calories are burned in producing the impulse. the belt merely creates the signal. The muscle still has to contract. And work is being done. Thus calories are consumed. The key to building muscle is 6-8 reps X 3 sets. The belt contracts about 80 times in 20 mins. If you want to build muscle, crank it wide open...and do 6-8 contractions. Rest 1.5 mins between the 3 sets then take it off and wait 48 hrs to recover. This is how you strength train. In testing ems technology, a human subject had a tendon in their neck snap from being given to much stimulation. Their head jerked and pop. Muscles will get minor damage using the belt as I illustrated above. When the body heals, it builds back stronger. Thus you can build muscle with it. The repair will require nutrients and energy consumption, thus more calories are burned as your body rebuilds. There is also an Isokinetic effect that happens involuntarily as you use the belt. My estimate is that the belt at full power burns 100 calories an hour. Cheers!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Old thread. Bet you can find one of those thing at your local garage sale for $3.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Old thread. Bet you can find one of those thing at your local garage sale for $3.
    And that's about what it's worth in terms of results.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    And that's about what it's worth in terms of results.

Awww, look who's feeling generous, today!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    gmars9999 wrote: »
    They call me George the Genius. You are about to see why. This is the most accurate and complete post on the Slendertone on the net. So I had back surgery 3 years ago. Hadn't been able to do a sit-up in 5 years. I bought the belt. After nine days....I was at 2-40 min sessions at full power. I tried doing sit-ups. Guess what? 3 sets of 10 in perfect form as easy as typing. So obviously it will build strength. The thing you must consider is that our brain sends an impulse to the muscle. No calories are burned in producing the impulse. the belt merely creates the signal. The muscle still has to contract. And work is being done. Thus calories are consumed. The key to building muscle is 6-8 reps X 3 sets. The belt contracts about 80 times in 20 mins. If you want to build muscle, crank it wide open...and do 6-8 contractions. Rest 1.5 mins between the 3 sets then take it off and wait 48 hrs to recover. This is how you strength train. In testing ems technology, a human subject had a tendon in their neck snap from being given to much stimulation. Their head jerked and pop. Muscles will get minor damage using the belt as I illustrated above. When the body heals, it builds back stronger. Thus you can build muscle with it. The repair will require nutrients and energy consumption, thus more calories are burned as your body rebuilds. There is also an Isokinetic effect that happens involuntarily as you use the belt. My estimate is that the belt at full power burns 100 calories an hour. Cheers!

Is it me, or is this just complete bollocks?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

It's not just you.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

That would be George the Gonads then?
  • DietgoalPauline
    Options
    Please don't be negative about the Slendertone belt, Some of us can't exercise as we have huge mobility problems and doing crunces doesnt work when your legs don't work! i do upper body weights and i use the belt and it definitely use calories! approx 225cals per 45 minutes on the advanced setting.

I am in the same situation. I can't exercise because of mobility issues since an rta. I use my slendertone and find it works for me. I use it for an hour a few times a week along with my fitness pal. My tummy fat has gone way down. In 7 weeks so I am delighted. Thanks for the calorie count. I had 20 down for the hour. Best of luck xx